Mortimer & Whitehouse; Gone Fishing (Season 2)

Starts tonight BBC2 8pm

Cannot wait!

Here’s a clip from last season

4 Likes

yesss!

2 Likes

yaaaaaay

lovely slow tele

Best telly

4 Likes

It’s my favourite programme, my son’s favourite programme, and my parents and inlaws both absolutely love it as well. So rare to have something that’s so perfectly done - just funny, lovely, relaxing telly.

Feels like a mix of the trip and detectorists, with the best bits of both

2 Likes

I’ve never watched the dectectorists but it’s been on my list for a while.

Another great clip:

1 Like

FETA CHEESE

3 Likes

Caught up, I love it I love it I love it

3 Likes

Loved how excited bob was when he caught one at the end.

5 Likes

Loved the Athletico Mince references in the latest episode and Bob’s pointless hand torch things

1 Like

Caught up on both of the series so far. The River Usk is totally amazing. Absolutely love it around there, but they made it look very special.

2 Likes

They certainly did. Now every time I pass that bridge at Green Man, I’ll associate it with sunsets and fish, rather than the long trudge up to that bloody car park in the mud.

1 Like

Maybe it’s me getting old, but I felt overwhelmingly emotional at the end of both episodes. The first one was just stunning and really poignant, but also the second one with Bob’s pure joy at the end. Fantastic!

also the torch gloves had me absolutely howling

I dont know why it got me so bad but the bit with the baby photo and when Bob was talking about his dad bithe had me tears for different reasons.

Keep inadvertently chuckling to myself when I think about the baby photo too, I can’t stop.

2 Likes

Paul’s hoof!

2 Likes

The best show on TV, hands down

3 Likes

Do love how Paul takes it seriously whilst Bob just stands there going “Hey Paul… Paul… Paul” every few minutes like a bored ten year old

2 Likes

Thought the River Usk one was really well balanced between comedy and sadness. The Essex lakes one was just flat out funny

1 Like