Most annoying vocal performance

I’ve just heard Lenny Kravitz on the radio doing What Goes Around Comes Around. Currently this is my second most annoying vocal on a record after Pink Floyd’s The Great Gig in the Sky.

Everytime Ed Sheeran raps

8 Likes

Anything by Sia

Paloma Faith

2 Likes

Jennifer Lopez

that WHY-AYE-AYE-AYE part of Duran Duran’s Reflex.

M People and Anastacia

4 Likes

The chorus of “Tonight, Tonight” by The Smashing Pumpkins.

2 Likes

Crazy Frog

1 Like

counteroffer: KILLER IN MEEEEEE IS THE KILLER IN YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU

2 Likes

I’ve got a fairly high tolerance for “acquired taste” voices (NMH, Newsom, Colin Meloy). But Corgan is a step too far, Clive.

Right now, as I type, I am being (very) annoyed by Benjamin Clementine’s voice, streaming on NPR. I will endure to the bitter end … but I Tell A Fly is unlikely to be on rotation on its release.

YOU’VE GOT TO REEEEEAAAAAPPPPPPP

1 Like

every nasally early-00s Pop Punk/Alt. Rock hit

2 Likes

All those fuck-off Joy division wannabe bands - editors, interpol, the lot of 'em

1 Like

As a Scot, I really can’t stand vocals which have an affected, faux-earnest, mimsy Scottish twang (see Frightened Rabbit, Fatherson, Twin Atlantic etc etc). Don’t mind Biffy Clyro and The Twilight Sad as much as the aforementioned, for some reason.

Lana Del Rey when she attempts to go for high notes but sounds vocal fry as fuck.

1 Like

Normally a big fan of vocalists who aren’t technically gifted singers but there is a limit and that limit’s name is Laurel Halo.

Laurel, I love your production and instrumental work, but urrrggghhhhhh that LP with the crazy japanese artwork cover… JFC

I’ve never understood how Firework by Katy Perry was considered fit for release, the fucking bellowing on the chorus is one of the worst things I’ve ever heard

4 Likes

people who aren’t american singing in american accents, so basically 95% of recorded music

5 Likes