Most banal email you've received today (+ misc banal)

Mousse T?

We call him six pound… we could as he is very small but that would be mean.

Me, Roasty and Six Pound going down the Prince for a coupla shandies, wanna come?

2 Likes

how do you roll, eric?

I got an email from a letting agent within 30 minutes of having sent it. Would have been remarkable if it was a repair request.

I had an absolutely beautiful email containing a spam comment on a small WordPress site/webshop that I run for someone I know. I get these at least on a weekly basis but something about this just stood out for me. (Keep in mind the website isn’t even in English and there’s very little content on it outside of the relatively small shop section, and super basic WP layout)

Wow, amazing weblog layout! How lengthy have you ever been blogging for?
you make blogging glance easy. The whole glance of your site
is excellent, let alone the content material!

3 Likes

Copied in on this lively and frank exchange.

13:29 Person A: “Can you confirm the numbers please?”
13:48 Person B: “Yes, I can confirm the numbers.”

1 Like

Just had an ‘Office Safety Communication’, which was basically what to do if there’s a fire alarm.

During any type of evacuation please remember the following:

• Leave by the nearest/safest escape route/exit
  • Report to the designated fire assembly point
  • Wait for your name to be called out as part of the roll call process
  • ​Never re-enter the building until instructed to do so by the Site Emergency Coordinator

Yeah, thanks for that. Thought I’d just sit at my desk and burn.

2 Likes

there are two big screens in this room and BOTH are being used to broadcast jokes at my expense.

1 X some out-of-context quotes attributed to me
1 X doctored photo of me (won’t say what)

At least I get respect on this forum.

3 Likes

I have now received a second email saying that the recycling arrangements will not, in fact, be changing.

what a rollercoaster

Think I might need to head home early to recover.

Did you get to Black Axe Mangal today?

nah i didn’t start til 12 so didn’t get a proper lunch break. will check it out friday lunchtime prob.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the 'snip but that is TOO FAR

Had an email the other day, you’re gonna have to buy something to get the free coffee from Waitrose’s going forward. Fucking disgrace.

1 Like

Dear Sarahispi,

thank you very much for your application and your interest in WORK AFFAIRS English. I am currently evaluating the applications and will get in touch with you next week.

1 Like

I sit next to a normal bin and a recycling bin.
The amount of people who don’t even recycle a paper bag is ASTONISHING.

I don’t get people who can’t recycle. Legitimately it takes you a few seconds to figure out where it goes. I guess maybe they’ll get the last laugh if/when it turns out that recycling makes absolutely no difference and we’re all going to die anyway.

1 Like

I saw someone do it yesterday who has a young child. A CHILD. Well done on ruining the planet for your children.

1 Like