Most banal email you've received today (+ misc banal)

not even on office-job-book but the reason i opened DiS was to share the wonderful event description i just received…

Hi all!

[—] and I have devised a lovely plan for this Sunday 2nd April - aka. Boat Race 2017 day!

Would you like to join us for pre-drinks and picnic at mine (absolutely all welcome!) then we can head on down to the river…

It’s predicted to be 14-16 degrees and sunny.

Vague plan:

• 14:00-ish: Picnic & prosecco in [—]’s back garden (bring a bottle & nibbles, I have blankets)
  • 15:15: Stroll over to The White Hart, by Barnes Bridge, with a Pimms in hand
  • 15:45: Drinks on The White Hart terrace bar
  • 16:35: Women’s boat race
  • 17:35: Men’s boat race
  • 18:00: Trains back home
  • OR
  • 18:30: Early supper by Putney station
  • 20:00: Carriages

Let me know if you can make it and I’ll get some prosecco in!

Friend 1 & Friend 2 xx

(i do very much like them so will be attending, still cracked me up tho)

2 Likes

Oh fucking hell, is that shower of cunts on again already? It’s my birthday, too. Brilliant.

1 Like

there’s this whirring coming from the server near me that sounds like an owl stuck on repeat. gonna do my nut in

Prediction: you will get to the White Hart at 15:45 and discover it’s already rammed and the you will end up watching it on TV in less middle class pub

yeah it’s definitely one of those events that sounds lovely but in reality will involve spending 90% of my time either queuing at the bar or for a piss

Hi Xxxx,

Xxxx has replied.

Regards,

Xxxx

Me and a colleague at our other place have been doing an ongoing analysis of something for the past 6 months or so. Just had a

'Hi urbanfox and colleague,

Can you do the next analysis starting from 21/03 until 04/04

Thanks,
Bossman’

My reply was a simple

‘Yep, fine.’

1 Like