Most Disturbing Movies of All Time

What are the most disturbing movies you have ever seen?

Little Shop of Horrors.

Almost certainly because I was far too young when I watched it, but Iā€™m not about to go back for a rewatch to find out.

Antichrist was a pretty tough watch. Nil by Mouth wasnā€™t exactly a bundle of joy, either

not a big fan of shit like this

Salo
The Act of Seeing With Oneā€™s Own Eyes

Martyrs

Threads

1 Like

The Vanishing (the original)
Salo
Threads

Also found Happiness deeply disturbing at the time but was way too young to be watching it, I think.

1 Like

Nil By Mouth was grim. As was The War Zone

shudders

1 Like

NO YOUā€™RE CRYING

Not a psych/horror film by any means, but it articulates the inhumanity of war and its effects on the most innocent and vulnerable better than any film Iā€™ve seen. Actually much more disturbing than stuff like The Decent (also ace) because itā€™s so ā€˜realisticā€™ (for an anime etc).

5 Likes

Because itā€™s so terrible? Agreed.

2 Likes

A Serbian Film was a bit off.

Nearly walked out of the original Hostel film. I understand thatā€™s seen as pretty mild compared to whatā€™s followed, but itā€™s not for me, Clive.

1 Like

Just trying too hard to be disturbingly offensive. A bit like the Human Centipede films

Iā€™ve not got much stomach for gratuitous violence really so Hounds of Love was unpleasant for me

yeah itā€™s fucking horrible.

Dead Manā€™s Shoes really got under my skin.

EDIT : Iā€™ve seen all the nasty ones too (Hostel et al) but they just seem pathetic

Pet Semetary did it for me as a kid. Nightmares for ages. When the kid cuts the ankle with the scalpel :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Lady Macbeth has the most disturbing scene Iā€™ve seen but I guess itā€™s not disturbing throughout

but thatā€™s what that film is?

be like walking out of a comedy because thereā€™s too many jokes