most ill-judged present you've ever received?

I dunno, I think some presents are so thoughtless you might as well say ‘don’t care who you arw as a person and not going to try’ when they are from someone whose supposed to be closr, anyway.

2 Likes

I’ve been given some rubbish presents over the years but yknow, it’s still nice

I despise opening presents, I think it makes me more anxious than anything else. Stop looking at me!

1 Like

my mum got me a glue gun once

thought it was a lead up to another present, like idk some craft thing i had to build myself. nope. she just thought i could use a glue gun.

14 Likes

I once got some nice boat cufflinks as a leaving gift, the only problem was I already had the exact same cufflinks and I was wearing them at the time.
I got a bit embarrassed and sort of tried to keep my arms down but I was the only one who seemed to notice.

1 Like

Dad once got me this t-shirt

36 Likes

Did…did my dad fancy my girlfriend?

14 Likes

Is this referring to his wife or your gf?

f-ing hell. a present of maximum inappropriateness in it’s own right made somehow even more inappropriate in context

2 Likes

Genuinely couldn’t tell you. Was too busy pretending to like it whilst he wiped tears of laughter from his face because he thought it was such a funny t shirt. We’re not that close.

i think it’s referring to both his gf and his mum

1 Like

How many times have you worn it? :slightly_smiling_face:

that’s pretty incredible. doubt i could even bring myself to wear that to do some painting.

7 Likes

Every day still.

7 Likes

my mum once bought me a wallet with a picture of a guitar on it, cos I play the guitar. Was like a generic, vaguely, but not quite telecaster

Looked like something you would buy a 10 year old. I was 38 or something.

Couldn’t even bring myself to use it on a visit to them, sat in a drawer for a few years before getting chucked

1 Like

A censored Limp Bizkit album.

6 Likes

blank cd_r then

3 Likes

A censored Limp Bizkit album is actually a very thoughtful present, limiting the presence of Fred Durst as it would.

3 Likes

My mate got that thinking it was some special edition or something

2 Likes

Think the first thread I created in DiS was about terrible gifts and I mentioned this literal white elephant, a wedding gift from my uncle

10 Likes

Until just a couple of years ago my mum would buy me massive big make up boxes from Avon like this

I wear mascara and eyeliner daily and a little eye shadow on special occasions only and I tend to only buy quality, expensive products. So I have about four of these boxes of cheap tat that I will never, ever use.

1 Like