Most impressive career arcs

Still can’t get over Jeff “skunk” Baxter

Jeffrey Allen " Skunk " Baxter (born December 13, 1948) is an American guitarist, known for his stints in the rock bands Steely Danand The Doobie Brothers during the 1970s and Spirit in the 1980s. More recently, he has been working as a defense consultant and chairs a Congressional Advisory Board on missile defense.[1]

15 Likes

For some reason this made me think of Hugh Laurie, from (admittedly very successful) UK comedies to House. Would love for the American audience who watched House to have to watch a bit of Prince George for a bit.

Yeah, I guess a lot of shitty UK actors who made it in Hollywood would count. Andrew Lincoln is the main star of the biggest cable TV show of all time, and he was the cue-cards guy in Love Actually!

1 Like

Rian Johnson from Brick for $500,000 to Star Wars for $200,000,000

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a common career arc isn’t it.

He did Teachers before that!

4 Likes

(Also The Brothers Bloom)

and this life before that!

1 Like

That’s good but my preferred order would be this:
Star Wars>Looper>Brick>Jesus

1 Like

Oh yeah, that was slightly before my time. At least all those things (maybe Love Actually aside) were pretty critically acclaimed though.

1 Like

Probably Leonardo Da Vinci

1 Like

Charlie Brooker has done pretty good

games journo to TV Critic to International TV writer and showrunner

9 Likes

James McAvoy as well. He was in that Early Doors, now he’s a relatively bankable Hollywood star.

Harrison Ford. Part-time handyman and carpenter, sanding down George Lucas’s door > 2 scenes in American Graffiti > Star Wars > Empire Strikes Back/Raiders Of The Lost Ark > arguably biggest movie star of his era.

3 Likes

Walter White from Breaking Bad

you missed out “1 line in Apocalypse Now”

2 Likes

Gah!

Capture

3 Likes

But we always knew he was too good for us at Cambridge United. That was part of the fun.

1 Like

Golden Globe Award Winner.

1 Like