Most Picturesque UK City/Town

Inspired by @Scout 's thread, despite it being rudest I have always loved Bristol for how beautiful it is. Not all of it, clearly:

but it does have some stunning vistas:

But is it the most picturesque…? :thinking:

6 Likes

Probably Dunkeld or something.

Edinburgh

6 Likes

Knaresborough’s good for that

19 Likes

Airdrie

(before anyone has a go: my primary school is next to two of those places and the house I grew up in is just out of shot in one of them)

24 Likes

I’m not that well travelled, but Bristol is such a lovely city. Since moving back to Birmingham I have missed Bristol every single day.

4 Likes

Probably a bit of a cliché but I have always enjoyed ‘the beautiful sparkling spa water of Bath, in Avon’ as half man half biscuit once put it

Yes, I know it’s in Somerset now

12 Likes

Newry

6 Likes

I’ve never bought into the ‘God’s own county’ thing when Yorkshire contains shitholes like Dewsbury but I am rather partial to Whitby.

15 Likes

Probably something where london is actually the winner

2 Likes

Lewes is very picturesque - wandering down the high street with the hills of the south downs in the background, the brewery on the river, cobbled Keere Street, the fifteenth century bookshop…

10 Likes

I see you lived in the posh bit.

7 Likes

I like where I live a fair bit tbh:

And look at the lovely library:

3 Likes

Beautiful and actually OPEN. Bonus

1 Like

you can take nice photos in york

14 Likes

Indeed!
GBOLibrarians
Its a great wee spot and have been a member for a few years now.
Hope its still there when Im older and can potter about town, into the library to read in peace and then maybe get a wee pint before heading home.
#thedream

1 Like

You live in the bit that I look at across the water when I go to NI

Where are you hiding?

3 Likes

Find all the ye olde ones a bit meh, would much rather be somewhere that feels inhabited.

2 Likes

You over in Carrick then?

Depending on who you ask it’s either whiteabbey, jordanstown or newtonabbey

Think it depends on how posh you’re trying to be

1 Like