Most popular baby names in 2020

R has shot up and into the chart since he was born

V still not top 100

1 Like

Yes, tune

2 Likes

One of my mates’ kids is called Travis and I hope they named him for more What’s My Age Again than Writing to Reach You reasons

1 Like

I know one other child with V’s name.

1 Like

Youngest is the top 10. Eldest isn’t in the top 100 but then that’s because we spelled it the proper way :wink:

1 Like

Same, very pleased

1 Like

I do love how DiSer’s kid’s/baby names are just one letter. Iconic.

14 Likes

Came very close to naming A Willow instead of what we picked. She’s definitely not a Willow though. A suits her better.

4 Likes

Top name for a cat, Alan. Deadpan, acerbic. Alan.

3 Likes

Some inspiring late risers in there, Chester, Grayson, Hunter, Albie.

Arlo makes a late surge, not surprised because I know a fuck load of toddlers called Arlo, and didn’t even know it was a name a few years back.

Neither of my daughters’ names are troubling the top 100, little Adolfina and Rose-West will always stand out from the crowd.

13 Likes

Good name. Palindromic, and symmetrical in capital letters.

Now all you need a is a boy and name him Dan Orlovsky Hip Young Gunslinger.

names are so goddamn stupid when you see them written down

2 Likes

no offence to people with names

13 Likes

I tend to use ‘the eldest’ or ‘the youngest’ or sometimes ‘cheekster 1 / 2’ (I think @profk is to thank for that)

2 Likes

Would genuinely have pushed for Calvin for a boy, mainly because Ndamakong and DeAndre would probably have been vetoed straight off.

2 Likes

my favorites are bairn 1 and 2 @shinymcshine

and The Child @keith

3 Likes

I quite like Silly Baby / Silly Toddler (@Twinkletoes I think)

7 Likes

My buddy has a dog named Steve and I don’t know why but there’s just something sweet about that.

3 Likes

funny how certain names get shortened to an initial but others wouldn’t.

Got called C sometimes, and anyone called like Trevor or Tony could be called T but you wouldn’t hear a Peter being called P or a Steve as S would you?