Most stupid film you've ever watched

Apply the word stupid in whatever way you want.

For me, it’s Now You See Me. Absolutely staggering that they considered that good enough to release. I haven’t seen the sequel, I can only assume it’s even worse.

Only film I’ve ever walked out of was Never Been Kissed. Not even sure why I was there in the first place.

An absolutely fucking shite film

Failure to Launch (also the worst film I’ve ever seen)

Avatar, though I missed the beginning.

The Day After Tomorrow has to be right up there. Love the bit when they’re freezing to death and debating which books to burn in the library… while they sit on these massive WOODEN chairs. And where they outrun the frost, fucking dumb.Similarly - the film 2012. Don’t remember much from it but I do remember thinking “this is just woefully stupid.”

I’m tempted to say The Happening but I love that film so it gets a pass.

By the standards of Now You See Me 2, the initial one is a masterpiece.

1 Like

Saw Split on Friday, that was right up there for sure

Oh god what am I saying.

Dirty Grandpa.
Paul Blart 2.
Grimsby.
Zoolander 2.

All of them. Fucking horrific stupid messes the lot of em.

Army of One, the Larry Charles/Nic Cage/Bin Laden killing may be up there

Battlefield Los Angeles or whatever it was called was pretty daft

Reign of Fire in how mind numingly dull it was

i saw the first paul blart. would have been worse if i’d have paid for it.

actually no, the Lovely Bones

Leonard Part 6. I actually took this back to the video shop after 20 minutes and asked if I could change it. Think we got The Money Pit instead.

Identity - a “psychological horror” from those post Sixth Sense days where a film was only as good as its twist.

The twist here? All the action is taking place in the mind of a schizophrenic, and the characters represent his mind’s battle with itself. Dreadful, yes, but fair enough, I guess. The problem is, this twist is revealed halfway through the film, so from then on you’re supposed to care about the fate of characters who you’ve just been told don’t really exist.

Also made such heavy use of thunder and lightning to create tension that it’s probably not safe for epileptics.

1 Like

1 Like

Leprechaun, starring Warwick Davis and Jennifer Aniston. There are 7 of those films somehow.

I’d go for something that got widespread critical acclaim and that a lot of users on this site like

‘Green Street’. Absolute fucking nonsense.

2 Likes

Oh god it was so shit. I remember getting back from Supervideo and my Dad giving me a funny look and saying “I have NEVER heard of this film”.

Inferno was pretty fucking bad