MotoGP 2021

Anyone following this year - I know there have been a few posters who have had a casual interest?

WHAT: MotoGP obviously
WHERE: BT Sport (every session live)
WHEN: THIS WEEKEND! MotoGP 2021 calendar - Circuits, schedule and information about every Grand Prix | MotoGP™
WHO: MotoGP™ Riders
WHY: Best sport on the planet.

Marc Marquez missing the first two rounds after sitting out all of 2020. Looks likely that he’ll be back in Portugal, but it’s a guessing game as to how competitive he’ll be.

I’m fancying Rins for the title - think he’ll be spurred on by younger teammate clinching it last year. Excited to see how Pol Espargaro goes on the Repsol Honda too - looking good in pre-season. Rookies also posting strong lap times.

1 Like

watched a bit of motogp a few years and really enjoyed it, so planning to watch when I can (will watch F1 when both are on)

They usually schedule MotoGP so that the MotoGP class race doesn’t take place during the F1 race (but might be directly before or after it).

There’s so many changes line-up wise this year that it’s probably quite a good time to start following - nobody really has any idea what’s going to happen.

this is excellent news!

It’s going to be another interesting season I think. Lots of younger riders making the step up from the junior classes; Marc Marquez not being around for the first two rounds at least, as you say. Also have to wonder if he does come back and gets injured again whether that would be the end of his career, unfortunately for him.

Could also be Vinales’ last chance to show whether he can properly challenge for a title after a disappointing couple of seasons.

1 Like

Yeah, once he’s back every crash will be a heart-in-mouth moment. I really hope he can get back somewhere close to top performance - it would be very cruel for the career of one of the greatest and spectacular riders of all time to end in such a way.

Don’t think Vinales is up to it, to be honest - wouldn’t be surprised to see Morbidelli in the seat next year. Will be interesting to see if the extra factory support enables Quartararo to take a step forward after a not great 2020.

1 Like

This is good news, but a real shame it’s on Amazon Prime, because it’s not likely to manage a new audience appeal the same way Drive to Survive has on Netflix.