Mr. Kipling

Great stuff imo. Pretty high hits to misses ratio which is unusual for a producer of his scope and productivity. Trifle bakewells just shade it as the best I think but the angel slice is a classic too. Mr. Kipling, then.

3 Likes

he does make exceedingly good cakes, they say

8 Likes

I would agree, they are exceedingly good.

You can’t go wrong with French fancies or an angel slice. Obvs Vienesse Whirls are the greatest things ever too. Big fan of old Kippers

3 Likes

French Fancies would be better if they were twice the size.

6 Likes

Truly a font of low-stakes comfort and joy, Mr Kipling and his cakes. If I’m feeling a bit blue I know I can go and get some delicious treats and they’re always going to be exactly as good as I expect them to be, which is very good indeed.

Exceedingly good, some might say

2 Likes

Have a soft spot for the apple pies even though they somehow don’t really taste of apple pie.

Other than the fruit pies don’t think I’ve had anything else.

He should bring back the gingerbread whirls though.

Ur a mediocre cake.

Rubbish cakes for Brexiteers.

sorry everyone

2 Likes

Great stuff. All of it.

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

I said sorry.

But they are bad cake.
A friend’s dad works for mr Kipling and they also make stuff for M&S.
The M&S products are made with better ingredients.
So :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Don’t think they sell them here, they might do though.

I prefer a mini roll

1 Like

This actually helps my theory that all types of one product are made in the same factory and the fancy brands get first pick of the ingredients.

3 Likes

Tesco tinned fruit is all Del Montes cast-offs

1 Like

Ingredients:

Rainy Sunday with Songs of Praise/maths homework, sitting in hot waiting room for interview for job you don’t want with hangover, shopping for a doormat on bank holiday monday at B&Q, 5 hour National Express journey to a funeral with dead phone battery and no book.

1 Like

PARKLIFE!

4 Likes

Do they still do the apple and custard pies? Used to love them.

But yeah, Mr Kipling? He’s alright by me.

Bakewell slices are better than the tarts

2 Likes