Mr Mister

Mr Men
Mr Dobalina
Mr Brownstone
Mr Maker

That’s a few but there are more. Which is your favourite?

Mr is spelt mister
How is Mrs spelt?

Is it Missus?

@Mistersteve

I don’t know

Mister bit

I’ve been having a little think about it and It is rare for Mrs to be written in a non-abbreviated form, and the unabbreviated word lacks a standard spelling. In literature it may appear as missus or missis in dialogue. A variant in the works of Thomas Hardy and others is “Mis’ess”, reflecting its etymology. Misses has been used but is ambiguous, as this is a commonly used plural for Miss .

Mr. Lady

US record label mostly famous for releasing the first two Le Tigre albums. It folded in 2004

Thank you for sharing those thoughts.

And @Mr.Lady

Don’t forget, the plural of Mrs is from the French: Mesdames. This may be used as-is in written correspondence, or it may be abbreviated Mmes.

It came from “mistress” originally but lacks a standard spelling. I did not just wikipedia this.

I’ve been having a little think about it and It is rare for Mrs to be written in a non-abbreviated form, and the unabbreviated word lacks a standard spelling. In literature it may appear as missus or missis in dialogue. A variant in the works of Thomas Hardy and others is “Mis’ess”, reflecting its etymology. Misses has been used but is ambiguous, as this is a commonly used plural for Miss .

I’m always a little surprised that the pronunciation “missis” was considered vulgar at least into 18c.

Well it wasn’t until 1920 that Mrs. came to mean “one’s wife”

Image result for mr manager gif