MTftSB: Alternative song lyrics you use for comedic effect

Been known to sing ‘Go and get stuffed!’ during When The Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean

Number 1 when I was born, that

Kids :roll_eyes:

That’s just the way I make oatmeal by Janelle Monae.

3 Likes

Kids was released in October 2000 and only reached number 2, unfortunately.

Looking at paints to do a couple of walls in the house and have spent most of it singing farrow and ball to the tune of Carrie and Lowell, and replacing the word emotion with the word emulsion in carly rae jepsen’s emotion.

This could also go in the annoying your partner thread

2 Likes

Hey!

Ah now; for me it’s You’ve Got Me Feeling Emulsion by Maria Carey

In Run Away With Me I’ll often say “Take Me To South Ealing!” Aware it isn’t funny or clever.

:musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note: I belong with poo, poo belongs with wee, you’re my sweet faaart :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

used change the lyrics to rock the casbah to ‘kitty don’t like it, rock the catsbah’ to my old cat sometimes :frowning:

1 Like

When cycling or driving through the village of Eyam I will sing its name to the tune of sweat by inner circle

(persons name) is so
Mardy all the time
Mardy all the time
Mardy all the ti-ime

Bit of a twist on 19 that, sometimes gets a smile though

1 Like

I actually started using a few new ones after a thread on here we did a few years ago about incorporating usernames in lyrics. Key among these are:

(Chorus of I Predict A Riot)
“Icouldwinarabbit! Icouldwinarabbit!”

and

“…And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound… of bastards”

I constantly change lyrics to sing about/at the cat.

And we turn the litter tray back around
'cos I know how I feel about meow

etc.

3 Likes

Also, Lithium:

“I’m so excited, I can’t wait to meet you there
But I don’t care
I’m so horny but that’s okay
My willy’s good”

I just love your fleshy waist
Guess that’s why they’re broke and you’re so paid

2 Likes

petit pois, sex in expensive cars

1 Like

honeyz play me close like butter play toast is easily the greatest line of all time.

In grade school my dad was driving me and my best friends around on Halloween, and we were coming up with alternate versions of songs as they played from the back seat.

Hootie and the Blowfish’s “Hold My Hand” became “Fart on my Head” obviously.

I forget what Mr. Jones became, but I remember bringing down the house by substituting “brown” in the “grey is my favorite color” line. Possibly the only positive response I’ve gotten in my life.

1 Like