Mtftsb: Appalling jukebox choices you have made

there was some 90s song we also put on??

The Angel in Bridgend were slack on IDing people and had a free jukebox and pool table so I used to go there semi regularly as a teen. Whenever we were about to leave I’d go to the jukebox and put Red River Rock on a few times in a row.

3 Likes

Don’t let go by en vogue?

1 Like

put ruff ryders anthem by dmx on but didn’t realise it was a shitty live version

I have only ever made excellent jukebox choices.

Our kinda rough guaranteed-a-fight-on-Friday-night local has a surprisingly ace jukebox. I got a bit over excited when I spotted Low’s Double Negative on shortly after release and bunged a good 2/3rds of it on straight after a Champions League match one night. Did not go down well. I was a bit surprised/disappointed they couldn’t guess the answer to their repeated cries of, “who the fuck put this on!?” tbh.

7 Likes

The thought of spending a period of time in a pub where music is playing but only one speaker works is making me feel ill

3 Likes

Civil War by Guns’n’ Roses, but at least I got my money’s worth

Probably posted this before but I one put this on through some internet enabled jukebox in a pub in Cardiff.

What a prick.

4 Likes

It’s not appalling, but I certainly raised a few eyebrows once by putting the Ladysmith Black Mambazo one frm the beans ad on. In a packed pub. On a Friday night.

1 Like

Once put Sister Ray by the Velvet Underground on in a pub in Hammersmith one afternoon. The barman threw us out.

2 Likes

Not a true jukebox choice, but when I was having a bit of a breakdown and managing a restaurant I put this on repeat for a whole lunch shift - we were so busy no one could do anything about it.

It’s a tune, but it’s not a tune the 30th or 50th time or whatever

1 Like

Not me, but my mate once put In Dulce Jubilo by Mike Oldfield on five times in a row. Amazingly, the tolerant bar staff only skipped it when it started for the fourth time.

4 Likes

Put the B-Side of Anita Dobsons “Anyone can fall in love” which was just the Eastenders theme for absolute banter in a crowded pub.

4 Likes

Seems harsh?

It’s 17 minutes of glorious harsh m8

1 Like

My brother once got ejected bodily from a pub for putting ‘The Mercy Seat’ on several times in a row.

3 Likes

Student bar full of football lads got a new digital jukebox in in what must have been 2009, I put on My Girls and it was skipped within about a minute and a half

1 Like

I put on The Fall of Troy on a Uni jukebox back in 2006 or something, as well as Ebolarama by Every Time I Die, and The Murder of Rosa Luxemburg.

The next time I went there, I saw a note on the jukebox like: “Please no death metal/gothic thrash or anything that makes you want to slit your wrists.” Ouch.

1 Like

have been warned a few times in my fave boozer for playing this on repeat

1 Like