Mtftsb: Appalling jukebox choices you have made

about 8 quids worth of let’s get it on on repeat

Yep, I’m all for putting some proper shit on when pissed and then walking out. “T.U.R.T.L.E. Power” springs to mind.

1 Like

The pre-internet jukeboxes that were loaded with the landlord’s CD collection were always fun. Especially if you knew the last track on an album had one of those 30 minute pauses before the secret song. Whack that on for bantz.

1 Like

fucking HATE it when people call stuff “slit your wrists” music

Idk if anybody know The Ape & Apple in Manchester but it’s a right shit place with crap expensive drinks and patronised by arsey Cheshire dads. Was in there because for some bizarre reason a mate decided to have her birthday drinks there, was round about when Taylor Swift’s Red came out and the whole thing was on there, spent about a fiver in coins lining up the full album and sat feeling mischievous for about an hour waiting for it to happen, thinking how triggered they’d all be. When it did happen nobody seemed to even notice and I went home before it was done.

1 Like

just noticed the foot fetish part at the end of this lol

The Bear?

1 Like

Chantilly Lace by The Big Bopper, several times in a row.

Used to go to this crappy pub for Thursday beers with my mate after our local was closed due to the owner doing a runner. Anyway, it had a jukebox and we used to put tunes on, but the bar staff would skip anything they considered “too loud” as they said it upset/distracted the poker players in the corner. We soon stopped going to that pub. Proper stinks of piss now and they rip you off.

This reminds me of when a friend of mine went to see True Lies in the cinema

Something went wrong and the opening scene was shown with no sound except for the song Turtle Power which had been playing before the film started.

After the film some people went to complain and the manager doubled down and insisted “it’s supposed to be like that”

7 Likes

Normally I would say that some films would be improved by having Turtle Power playing over the opening scene. But not True Lies. That film is beyond reproach.

1 Like

When my (now) wife lived in Preston I figured out that if you put ‘Rosalie’ by Thin Lizzy on it would just then play the rest of Live and Dangerous. Joke was on me as I didn’t much care for the rest of the album but being a drunk, irritating bell-end I did it many times.

1 Like

Have a very clear memory of putting on the b-side of the Loadsamoney single (What? I was young, I was curious etc) while on holiday in Bournemouth in 1988. It was actually worse than the a-side and I spent the entire three minutes trying to sink into my seat in red faced embarrassment, convinced the whole pub was looking at me while my Mum tutted in that Mum way they all do. Social anxiety probably started here for me.

28 I was etc…

Oh, and I once met up with a girl who I kinda thought was my girlfriend but couldn’t be sure if she was considering binning me. Like a right little emo prick I kept putting things like ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’ or ‘We Can Work It Out’ on the jukebox. Cringe. (Postscript: got binned, justifiably).

Absolutely.

I got told off once in San Francisco for putting an entire Erykah Badu album on, track-by-track, when I was hammered.

The bartender restarted the machine eventually and so I lost about $7. She also about a second later told me off for not tipping (first night in the US) having just visibly interrupted my jukebox picks and essentially wasted my money.

The bar had about 10 people in

Who’s a bigger knob?

• nav
  • bartender
  • youre as bad as each other you two, give it a rest

0 voters

shit pub. and also the first i ever went in after moving to manchester.

me and my dad got lost, ok

That Ash track with Sick Party at the end. How we laughed.

Tubular bells x5 for a quid in the village pub. How can you argue with that value for money? (The landlord did)

3 Likes

the day after my 30th, me and my friends were in The Tyne in Newcastle having breakfast. one of my friends put Vulnicura on in its entirety.

I was enjoying it at the point they decided to put something else on, but I suppose it counts.

1 Like