MTftSB: artists you listen to that you cannot bear now

Ngl I have always had a pretty great taste in music so stand by what music i enjoyed over the years as a whole, even if I don’t listen to it much anymore. But there are a few artists I still don’t get how I ever listened to. The worst is merzbow, used to really enjoy his music in certain moods but I can’t stand more than 3 seconds now. What about you???

Belle and Sebastian.

I really loved the Robson and Jerome album as a nine year old boy.

I tried convincing myself I liked Sunset Rubdown/Wolf Parade back in the day. Fucking dreadful claptrap.

loads

most recently wondering how I ever could have been so into morrissey as a teenager (there’s a clue there though)

loads of indie guitar stuff I haven’t listened to in forever

Cannot stand to hear Common People these days either - fully HATE it

Green Day

I have absolutely no problem listening to the pop music I listened to as a kid though - before I got into ‘proper music’ - no problem at all

Bright Eyes / Conor Oberst

Gaslight anthem. No idea what I was thinking

LOW CAMPESINOS!

Looks like someone didn’t hear the '59 sound

I don’t know if there’s a band I’ve genuinely loved that I’ve entirely gone off. For example: I used to love Oasis as a 16 year old; these days I’d not go out of my way to listen to them but certain songs of theirs still resonate (e.g. Slide Away).

Just imagining that as a supergroup (please don’t edit)

how can you hate possibly the best song of all time?

You…

Snare drum

Me…

I thought I was exactly like this too, but then Aggy mentioned Gaslight Anthem.

The number of times I saw King Adora live was well into double figures and I’m still recovering from my life decisions.

I was going to say the same thing

Takes a stab at a rich girl for glamourising poverty while simultaneously glamourising poverty, meanwhile slipping into massively self-congratulatory pomposity
completely overplayed too

just also generally in hindsight, Jarvis was a master of the sticky interpersonal romance/sex relationships (Babies, Underwear, F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E., This is hardcore etc.) but was very thin on class politics and there’s weird chips on shoulders in things like Common People & Misshapes etc

a large amount of psuedo-intellectual snobbery in his class picture

imho

Green Day. even their older “good” stuff has aged horribly