MTftSB - ask a DiSer: How Good Are They Really?

Apologies and thanks to who thought of this idea. In this thread, you can ask a specific DiSer to rate an band/artist between 1/5 and 5/5.

If you’re tagged, please feel under no obligation to respond, or please feel free to abstain/5. However, if you want to rate someone out of 5 then please do so. Also feel free to explain your rating.

To get started, I’m going to pick a DiSer at random and a band at random. So:

@Midnightpunk

How good are Outkast out of 5?

(Please feel free to join in and ask others to rate bands/artists out of 5)

11 Likes

I tend not to rate bands, etc I don’t really know on HGATR as I’m not into needlessly bashing artists especially when I know little about them.

I know little about Outkast other than that song everyone knows, which is excellent in its own way, so, not really for me but feel honoured to be chosen first for sure but figure you’ve gone for the wrong artist for me to get my teeth into.

Abstain, but decent.

3 Likes

Ah thanks for replying. I wasn’t sure who to ask about whom, so I used a random number generator. I thought you’d be a good bet anyway:)

2 Likes

@abbathehorse how good are ABBA?

4 Likes

Always a good bet for a brilliant post, especially on a band they like.

11 Likes

Want to rate a band?

1 Like

I’ll go with Pixies then. Tell us about your love, hatred or indifference towards Pixies

2 Likes

@colon_closed_bracket HGATR Sharon van Etten

2 Likes

Rate Sugababes out of 10 pls @discobot roll 1d10

:game_die: 4

1 Like

Wanker

17 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

22 Likes

OK so I now need to think of a new 300th HGATR thing as that’s what this was suggested for.

4 Likes

took that pretty hard didnt you

6 Likes

Oh shit, sorry I missed that bit of the conversation

It’s ok, I don’t own what threads people make.

Oh good one. She’s not someone I’ve listened to loads but she always seems to come on Spotify after other bands I like. Always quite enjoy her, and probably need to give her a better listen. Like I Used To is a timeless banger. Going with a 4/5 for the potential to be someone I could really get into.

2 Likes

I know but I feel a bit bad - happy to close this for now and hold off until HGATR300 if you like?

1 Like

No there’s no need for that. Might go with my second plan and auction #300 off for charity.

1 Like