MTftSB - CHART REPORT

He’s been going for 13 years. Ages, mate.

no, he’s dead

1 Like

OK, this is bad. We need to go into damage limitation mode. We can’t pass this off as a residual hit so any ideas? @badcustard?

new entry at number 25 =/= a hit in my imho opinion

OK, i’m liking this. Claim that a hit is not a hit. Entirely plausible alternative fact.

1 Like

:open_mouth: having just checked wikipedia, this is in fact Train’s 4th (fourth) UK Top 40 hit single!?

Genuinely only recognise that one Little Mix song

I don’t think ANYTHING but a top 10 song or a song that hangs around in the Top 40 for a minimum of 20 weeks can be considered a ‘hit’?

@JohnM @anon50098204

This is terrible. It’s just a really bad 2017 version of this song

2 Likes

CHOOOOOON!

In the original thread even a top 10 hit could be discounted. I thought a really good example was a-ha. Sure, they had other top 10 hits apart from Take On Me and The Sun Always Shine On TV but who the fuck remembers Train of Thought and Manhattan Skyline?

Oh right, I never saw the original thread. And yeah, A-Ha? had more than two top 10s? Fucking what?

Meight, you posted in the original thread

it’s that if done by a bad Ace of Base cover band. and Sean Paul.

1 Like

Fuck that, how can you remember that long ago?

It’s one of his favourite threads.

Basically didn’t know any of them but don’t think anyone’s done this yet:

Completely meaningless, boasty generic yet nonsensical “please go out with me” lyrics to fill time, a dull easy listening jazz flute sample that isn’t very catchy on repeat, and the man looks about fifty years old. Feels like I’m being subjected to the essence of boredom. Conclusion: music is shit for dickheads.

Hi Vince, quick question for you: where were you born?

Chelmsford. Why?

in69