mtftsb : Dissonance Radio Halloweeeeeeeen mixes

Most of the Dissonance Radio chat is over on the music board, but given that the social board does love a bit of halloween, I thought I’d share my non-regular one off Halloween mix with you all. I had this grand vision that I’d work with Witches to do this, but I left things too late and things didn’t work out. there was a bit of her input at the beginning, but this is mostly my handiwork

Between some of the tracks are some snippets from films. Feel free to guess them below

The Fog / John Carpenter
Dead the Long Year / Broadcast
Berg and I / Z Berg
Season Of The Witch / Donovan
Riders On The Storm / The Doors
Devil’s Market / Deradoorian
Spooky / Dusty Springfield
Sympathy for the Devil / The Rolling Stones
There’s A Ghost In My House / R. Dean Taylor
I Put A Spell On You / Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
Fire / Arthur Brown
The Purple People Eater / Sheb Wooley
monster mash / bobby pickett
Halloween Theme / Ben Tramer
Complete Domination (Feat. Carpenter Brut) / Perturbator
Satan (30 Something Years Later Mix) / Orbital
Vampires / DJ Touche
Thriller (8 Bit Tribute to Michael Jackson) / 8 Bit Universe
Intergalactic but it’s ghostbusters / Beastie Boys
Bat Out Of Hell / Meat Loaf

4 Likes

Bit late catching up on the Halloween shows - really enjoyed this one, the DJ Touché tune is a banger and love the 8bit version of Thriller!

1 Like

Thanks @suapth - not just for listening, but also for saving my thread from having zero replies!

I just finished listening to this and thought it was cracking. The Beastie Boys mash-up put a smile on my face. Always good to hear Arthur Brown as well

1 Like

Arthur Brown’s still going - one of my mates produced his album that he recorded over lockdown

1 Like

Ah that’s cool! I worked with him ever, ever so tangentially when he did a PledgeMusic campaign about 10 years ago and he seemed like a really nice bloke.

I think he lives in one of the villages near Lewes - still going strong at about 70 years old!