MTftSB - Do you still hang on to the music of your youth?

You know, the bands you listened to as a teenager. Back when you didn’t know what was going to happen, you still listen to that stuff?

I should add, EXAMPLES MANDATORY.

of course, but I still don’t know what is going to happen

5 Likes

Oh good lord yeah, always playing Kerrang/MTV2/P Rock playlists. I’d say about 75% of the music I play I first heard as a teen

First album I ever bought, Motorhead being the second.

8 Likes

Well I’ve literally just pressed play on this

So yes, apparently so.

1 Like

Yes, if anything I like stuff I used to not like more and stuff I liked as much, for the most part. I really like music that I like.

I enjoy to listen to the P-Rock TV Playlist from time to time. Remember P-Rock? Absolute garbage

1 Like

It was great you heathen

1 Like

State of it. Pump it all into my veins

1 Like

Isnt the same without Pain For Pleasure at the end

4 Likes

Some of it. Been listening to Without You I’m Nothing a lot lately. Good album imo.

5 Likes

Placebo were much better than they should’ve been really

5 Likes

Shit like this reminds me of going dancing for the first time, don’t think I’ll ever stop listening to it.

3 Likes

Not afraid of making this a thread of songs I personally feel nostalgic about because I’m drunk but also do join in.

2 Likes

Still listening to The Smashing Pumpkins and loving them more than ever. Think their music has only gotten better with time.

1 Like

Think there’s always space for personal re-evaluation of things you like but honestly, those people who treat music as a series of merit badges or difficultly achievements to be unlocked are the worst. You can “get really into jazz” but it doesn’t stop you enjoying stuff you liked when you were 18.

Probably said this before on here, I’m really keen to get my hands on all my boxes of CDs from my mum’s house. Gonna be some absolute gold in there I’ve not thought about for ages.

6 Likes

My auld man was an obsessed jazz head so rather than sexy french films jazz mainly brings to mind being bored out of my tree in a nissan cherry in the early 90s. Still like it mind.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah, I do!

3 Likes

I think about 5 of my top 10 artists on last FM are now cancelled/a bit :grimacing: so I listen to hardly any of them

(Morrissey, Brand New, Descendents, pretty much every other pop punk band in existence…)