- What is your favourite track ever (currently)
- Which track puts your teeth on edge the most and makes you want to hurt people
- What is your favourite track from a genre you normally dislike
Chat very much allowed
- Akuma no Uta by Boris
- Every single song by New Found Glory
- Gravel Pit by Wu-Tang Clan, although tbf it’s not that I dislike hip-hop, more that I’m not that into it and don’t know very much about it
- Grizzly Bear - Sun in your Eyes
- Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train (and several other songs that start with just vocals accompanied by a chord being strummed once - i.e. Slight Return)
- The first 2 songs on † by Justice do it for me, despite generally preferring things a little more sedate.
- All My Friends - LCD Soundsystem
- America - Razorlight (loadsa competition here though, Dancing Queen is right up there)
- Not hugely into UK Hip Hop but this by Ocean Wisdom is fucking ridiculous:
Just wondering, with your disinterest in UK hip hop did you check out much by Ghostpoet?
Listened to the one that won the Mercury and found it boring
1.) Either ‘Friend Zone’ or ‘Show You The Way’ by Thundercat.
2.) Any current chart pop really. Fucking indistinguishable dreck.
3.) I don’t know a lot about country so I’m going to nominate this gem:
Fair enough although that doesn’t really narrow it down as all three of his albums have been nominated and none have won.
- Subterranean Homesick Alien by Radiohead
- Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Atrocity Exhibition by Joy Division
- Steely Dan - Peg (as of this morning when it sounded so sexy in my new place of residence)
- heard Muse’s version of Feelin Good over the weekend and it annoyed me a lot that anyone would choose it over other far superior versions
- don’t normally like this kind of pop/acoustic mix but this grew on me off RM Hubbert’s recent album
- Dirty Projectors - Up in Hudson
- That fucking Rag & Bone man song is everywhere.
- Can’t say I listen to much dubstep but I love The Bug and I can’t stop listening to Skeng at the moment. What an absolute monster.