MTftSB: Funeral songs

Slightly morbid maybe but I think about this sometimes. What are yours? I reckon you’d be able to have three. As it stands mine would be:

The Talking Heads one comes from a recurring dream I had about my funeral where the mourners (including Iggy Pop) carried my coffin down the street New Orleans style singing the “there’s a city in my mind…” part.

Don’t be a Dull Dennis and say you’ve never thought about, I reckon everyone has.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m having all 19 minutes of this and I’m writing it into my will that anyone who leaves or even looks bored gets nothing from me. NOTHING.

8 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Very strong trio there weebs.

1 Like

At my funeral I’d like

The Radiohead’s How to Disappear Completely
Emiliana Torrini’s Serenade

Also, forget all this ‘just celebrate my life and wear bright colours’ bullshit. I want hysterical grief and people throwing themselves in the grave wailing please.

6 Likes

I want everyone to be very sad.

2 Likes

Mayonnaise by the smashing pumpkins

2 Likes
3 Likes

Aphex into the Prodigy into the Sex Pistols yeah?

Have explicitly told the TV that as I am lowered in to the ground Turn My Swag On by Soulja Boy is to be played:

5 Likes

No hymns or readings, music instead.

1 Like

All of Impossible Soul, and I expect everyone in full neon Age of Adz attire.

4 Likes
3 Likes

There aren’t enough songs that express deep disappointment with the experience of planet earth

2 Likes

I only ever play music to people to show off how amazing my music taste is, so choosing music for my funeral isn’t a priority for me, as I’ll be dead and thus incapable of basking in the awe on everyone’s face at how excellent the music I’ve chosen is.

More truthfully, I’d be concerned of playing something that would upset people, or ruin the song for others, or that would have people wishing the service would hurry up even more than they might otherwise. I’m already intending to have a 5 hour funeral.

1 Like

Failing this just bury me under a bush somewhere and have someone sing Little Donkey.

1 Like