MTftSB: Gig Tickets

Does anyone still collect their gig tickets? I’ve been holding on to mine in the same Spider-Man notebook since I first started going to see bands. For a while I wanted to keep a record of every band I’d watched but e-tickets and going to about a million DIY shows stopped me doing that.

Here’s my notebook

And the first thing in it

And the last which is just loose.

Now show me yours!

7 Likes

My ex wife threw all of mine away, and since then it’s mostly been online tickets with the odd A4 page printed out.

Horrible sentence.

1 Like

Three shoeboxes full of them. Maybe I’ll have a peak tonight.

1 Like

Some of mine/my wifes

Look at that row of dis-loathed entertainment: red hot chilli peppers, mighty boosh, Aerosmith.

4 Likes

Got all mine in a Spongebob tin

2 Likes

I kept one for Nirvana in 1994 that obviously didn’t happen, might still be in my mum & dad’s house somewhere.

1 Like

In a box marked Fungibles maybe.

4 Likes

I was at that RHCP Pride Park gig.

Small world.

2 Likes

I was at that Les Savy Fav gig!

1 Like

Good balcony climbing action iirc

1 Like

I’ve a big folder in the loft with all my ticket stubs from gigs and away games and loads of football programmes.

Please share your SpongeBob tin.

And a gem, hidden deep within his absorbent cranium:

8 Likes

A pioneer of indie sleaze.

1 Like

I was at that show :+1:

And that one :+1:

4 Likes

I used to but not anymore, still have my bts soundcheck lanyard though I hope I get to add more to it <3

Yep! Actively pay more to receive physical tickets now - either postage costs or the new gross thing Ticketmaster does of offering you the change to have a “memento” ticket … hate it but I go to few enough gigs that I can basically keep them all without it taking up a stupid amount of space

biggest regret is that GBV used e-tickets for their show, not having a ticket for my fav band ever was a bummer. Been tempted to get a random ticket stub off ebay just to have something physical to show I went, but not sure I cba wit that

Yeah, I still do. E-tickets have kinda screwed that up in recent years, trying to get back into getting physical ones again though. Got them all in a bag, always say I’m gonna sort them and stick them into a scrapbook, suspect I’ll never get round to it though.

1 Like

Should have put it straight in a cheap Athena clip frame m9 :+1:

5 Likes

Yep - I’ve even got a tumblr site where I’ve been posting them up when they turn twenty years ago. When I started it, I tried to write about the bands / gigs too, but that fizzled out after a while and now I just post the ticket