MTftSB - gigs you've nearly been to

I went to glasto 2007 and 2009. I can’t quite remember who or what I saw but pretty sure I missed Amy Winehouse.

It has reminded me that I DID see Lady Gaga in 2009 tho.

Tried to convince my parents to let me go to Birmingham on a bus to go see Smashing Pumpkins on their Mellon Collie tour but they said I was too young.

As a compromise they let me see Terrorvision in Cardiff instead.

5 Likes
  • Smashing Pumpkins in Birmingham
  • Terrorvision in Cardiff

0 voters

Terrorvision were pretty terrible weren’t they?

1 Like

I’ve listened to HTMFAIP, Regular Urban Survivors & Shaving Peaches tons of times and enjoyed them a lot at the time.

However, I can’t deny they’re shit.

1 Like

I literally had a ticket to see this at Wembley and my teacher found out and talked my mum out of letting me go as we had a SATS exam the next day (I was 11). Raging and also in retrospect, quite out of order of the teacher ??

1 Like

Ah fuck that reminds me of when I was a massive Pearl Jam fan and they announced their first UK live dates in forever for the same week as my A Levels. Ended up going to see them in London with my brother’s despite all my school friends going to see them in Cardiff the week before.

1 Like

Went in 2005, genuinely the most unpleasant major festival I experienced.

1 Like

I won tickets to their Manchester gig on that tour by phoning up the radio one rock show to answer a question (Nick oliveris previous band was dwarves)…

1 Like

No.

Got turned away from Electric Six playing Fire in full cos I was 17. My mates stayed out with me in solidarity though, fair play to them

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve ever even heard a single Wildhearts song, yet thanks to Kerrang! know that they have a frontperson called Ginger

1 Like

Reminds me of another one I missed. Brakes were playing the students union and it was free in for some reason. Didn’t bother going because of the torrential rain.

1 Like

Whereas Terrorvision have a frontman called Tony

1-0 Wildhearts

1 Like

Don’t think you sold it then

3 Likes

You nearly sold it, in keeping with the thread title

3 Likes

Most fun gig of recent times was Terrorvision doing How To Make Friends a couple years ago. I didnt stop grinning

1 Like

Still the best gig I have ever been to, that.

Sorry.

1 Like

They are actually the greatest band in the history of music ( according to me!!)

29x the pain is a great tune!!

1 Like

Longview, Mansfield town mill, 2003. Dad was in a bad mood so would pick me up so didn’t go