MTftSB: Nu Metal is back!

Thanks to this Guardian article I am now au fait with the current leaders of the scene:

Look at the state of this!

No doubt I would have been bang into all of this as a 15-year-old.

1 Like

“Issues” :laughing:

I still really really enjoy Significant Other and a few of the old Limp Bizkit’s songs.

It’s gonna be funny when nu-metal counts as “oldies” music isn’t it

1 Like

I will always have a soft spot for the selected works of Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, System of a Down and others.

Just interesting how awful I find all this new stuff when it is objectively exactly the same shit. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

1 Like

It’s never left, really.
New nu metal bands can obviously gtf the fuck o though

I guess it already kind of is, in that it has novelty club nights and so on.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this in my book. I enjoyed Significant Other a lot way back, listened to it the other week and enjoyed it.

I think squirming over things you used to really enjoy is something you’re told to do.

1 Like

I’m talking an aging Zane Lowe with the Sunday night bathtime slot on Radio 2 though innit

Can’t wait, that sounds lovely.

4 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up, nothing is set in stone yet

I just read this article.

I think Nu-metal was the first genre whose fans I felt a bit sorry for, really. Like, it was nothing new or that interesting, and not really rebellious. Plus it just seemed really regressive, politically.

I quite like some of SOAD and Slipknot’s stuff though - they seemed to know what they were doing.

1 Like

It was all my generation had!

If only you could fly

1 Like

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES. THIS IS MY LAST RESORT. SUFFOCATION. NO BREATHING. DON’T GIVE A […] IF I CUT MY ARM BLEEDING

Tell you what I also really enjoy: Alien Ant Farm’s ANThology. Banging.

3 Likes

I still say “CUT MY FOOD INTO PIECES, THIS IS MY KNIFE AND FORK” all the time

7 Likes

That was always shit, even at the time.

1 Like

That Papa Roach album was released the same year as Relationship of Command. You nu-metal lot have only got yourselves to blame.

4 Likes

How dare you.

Linkin Park, too.