MTftSB: stupid band names

I know its not that deep but some of them really press my cider

Someone still loves you boris yeltsin - why? Where were they going with this. Long name, don’t get it, hate it

Hoobastank - a smelly name that i hate

Dananananaykroyd - hate this name, too long and annoying and i don’t like it one bit

Goo Goo Dolls - a terrible name, i hate it

Some band names are pretty silly but they don’t bother me, like panic! At the disco, neutral milk hotel or !!!. They are a little annoying but it’s cool with me, unlike the criminals listed above. Also no love at all for the unnecessarily vulgar ones, hate them all so much that i won’t even list them

Which ones do you hate?

(Have done a lil search to see if this thread was done before and couldn’t find anything so apologies if i used bad keywords and it has been made before)

4 Likes

The gerogeregegegege

1 Like

Cats and cats and cats

Honestly, I hate The Beatles. I don’t know why but every time I listen to them I have to get over how shite the name is. It just seems meaningless/arbitrary, like they called themselves The Chair and became the biggest band ever. Fucks me off continuously.

11 Likes

Assfactor 4

1 Like

Com Truise. The ‘Famous Person Spoonerism’ name is pretty played out as it is but that one is particularly shit.

9 Likes

carseat headrest

12 Likes

any of the very long ones like meanwhile in communist russia etc

that emo/incel one and so i watch you from afar (ewww)

Steely Dan

just gives me the ick

5 Likes

Test Icicles. Grow up, lads.

3 Likes

Mannequin Pussy

2 Likes

They were a great fun band and I love their first record, but I agree a terrible name that I always have to copy and paste as it’s so hard to spell, as well as just being really naff

2 Likes

Years ago, learning that the ‘Smashing’ part of Smashing Pumpkins actually meant ‘Good’ kind of put me off, like they were basically one step from being the Splendid Gourds or some shit.

8 Likes

Should’ve kept it songs ohia

Pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs pigs

7 Likes

Wankie Dettori, if indeed such a band exists.

5 Likes

As soon as I saw this thread I was going to say Meanwhile Back in Communist Russia. I seem to remember that there was a few bands with similarly long and obscure band names at around that time as well.

1 Like

good one yeah. from how people describe their music i think i’d probably like them but obviously never going to listen to them to find out

Thee Ohsees or whatever fucking iteration of their stupid fucking name they’re using now.

9 Likes

Any that are spoonerisms