MTftSB: The Beautiful South

Milquetoast-core

Honestly think people are joking when they say they’re a good band, like pretending you like the JCB Song or something.

2 Likes

Jacqui Abbott and Paul Heaton are two of the most Brexit-sounding names imaginable

1 Like

I agree with this

I was just just about to post that the FBPE lot could get a second referendum if Paul Heaton was their spokesperson.

poor Marty :frowning:

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me Bam. I knew what I was getting myself into. Not sure why you’d go into a thread about how some people like a band just to say you can’t believe people like them etc but each to their own :grinning:

1 Like

They’re grand, so they are

1 Like

Solidarity with Marty.

TBS and The Housemartins and great. London 0 Hull 4 and Welcome to The Beautiful South are among my favourite ever albums. Some absolute beige dirge throughout their discography in fairness, but they have some absolute bangers, and Paul Heaton is one of the greatest lyricists of all time.

3 Likes

Good album. I loved Now That’s What I Call Quite Good even more.

Love a bit of The Beautiful South

2 Likes

not sure i’ve listened to them
my dad went to see paul heaton with a colleague recently though. if you know my dad as well as i do you’ll know that’s a weird thing for him to have done

1 Like

I’ll Be Your Shelter is the perfect rousing drunk song to sing along with friends.

1 Like

Once saw Paul heaton at the bar of the Original Oak in Leeds.

Shouted ‘Paul!’ then he looked around and I didn’t know what to say so I kept on walking.

3 Likes

Carry On Up The Charts is one of the definitive singles compilations of the last few decades. 36D aside, it’s pretty much faultless.

Let Love Speak Up Itself, Old Red Eyes Is Back and Prettiest Eyes are my favourites. Definitely with Marty on this one.

5 Likes

Love 'em. Make me nostalgic for long drives to France though

Alright Guy Garvey

3 Likes

I bought Perfect 10 on CD single, loved it. In retrospect, my favourite of theirs is Don’t Marry Her.

Heard a Beautiful South being played loudly in a bar when I was in America last year which was a bit weird. Do they have a following Stateside?

never heard of this song before. consider my opinion above too kind - they are absolutely fucking awful.

1 Like