MTFTSB: Top 5 Christmas songs (Christmas music positivity only)

1. Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
  2. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
  3. Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea
  4. In Dulce Jubilo - Mike Oldfield
  5. Last Christmas - Wham!
2 Likes
1 Like

This is the Ur-Xmas song

2 Likes

Tbe Mariah Carey one is the worst song in the world at the worst possible time for single, lonely people. Really can’t stand it. Fine if I’m in a relationship though, of course.

Just listening to Low Christmas. That Side A (Just Like Christmas / Long Way Round The Sea / Little Drummer Boy / If You Were Born Today) is absolutely perfect.

2 Likes
  1. Steeleye Span - Gaudete. Quality finger in the ear action (oooh, not even Thursday yet)
  2. Fountains Of Wayne
  3. Shonen Knife - Space Christmas.
  1. The Pogues, Might be overfamiliar but it’s such a great little character vignette set to some lovely music

1 by a mile: The Waitresses

1 Like

more crazy formatting, reckon discourse has been on the eggnog

1 Like

Forgot that the Dwarves re-recorded Better Be Women as a Christmas song and it SLAPS.

Do you know what’s good without actually being a Christmas song? The Power Of Love by FGTH. Had a good holler along to it on the way home earlier.

1 Like

Another banger.

Saw them at Christmas in 2009 when it really did snow…that was a fun night

Found this on Spotify yesterday

Christmas songs by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones AND the Smashing Pumpkins!?

I’ve always had a soft spot for carols. Saw a YT clip the other day where Chilly Gonzales was expounding some theory about why they are so great, and he said you never see the words I or me in carols, as they are not egocentric. He then played a lovely version of In The Bleak Midwinter, which is quite funny if you know the lyrics to the final verse.

The best version of the Slade one is the video with the Pretenders in where they’re miming but the drummer just plays along for real and starts just going mental. Rest of the band just piss themselves at it, proper joyful

No, the best version of the the Slade one is…

3 Likes

WRONG!!!