- Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
- Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
- Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea
- In Dulce Jubilo - Mike Oldfield
- Last Christmas - Wham!
Tbe Mariah Carey one is the worst song in the world at the worst possible time for single, lonely people. Really can’t stand it. Fine if I’m in a relationship though, of course.
Just listening to Low Christmas. That Side A (Just Like Christmas / Long Way Round The Sea / Little Drummer Boy / If You Were Born Today) is absolutely perfect.
- Steeleye Span - Gaudete. Quality finger in the ear action (oooh, not even Thursday yet)
- Fountains Of Wayne
- Shonen Knife - Space Christmas.
- The Pogues, Might be overfamiliar but it’s such a great little character vignette set to some lovely music
1 by a mile: The Waitresses
more crazy formatting, reckon discourse has been on the eggnog
Do you know what’s good without actually being a Christmas song? The Power Of Love by FGTH. Had a good holler along to it on the way home earlier.
Found this on Spotify yesterday
Christmas songs by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones AND the Smashing Pumpkins!?
I’ve always had a soft spot for carols. Saw a YT clip the other day where Chilly Gonzales was expounding some theory about why they are so great, and he said you never see the words I or me in carols, as they are not egocentric. He then played a lovely version of In The Bleak Midwinter, which is quite funny if you know the lyrics to the final verse.
The best version of the Slade one is the video with the Pretenders in where they’re miming but the drummer just plays along for real and starts just going mental. Rest of the band just piss themselves at it, proper joyful