MTftSB: top ten best selling singles of 2018

If take care was 20 minutes shorter it would be a legitimately good album imo. Also hotline bling is a good song, nothing he’s done since has been worth a listen though

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the bangers my mates have played before going out. Hadn’t noticed an irritating vocal delivery but that can be a very personal thing.

I heard ‘Hotline Bling’ whenever it was massive but never listened to him before or since. I doubt I’ll ever listen to Take Care, something about the man puts me right off.

I really like 5AM in Toronto but that was just a standalone single thing wasn’t it? Was it even a single?

she doesn’t enunciate. it’s infuriating.

2 Likes

my main problem is that he literally does, club-singer style, ‘put on’ that voice. it’s so weird.

How the hell are they in the top 10 anything??

The Johnny Foreigner of pop (apologies for a joke that maybe four people on here will get)

5 Likes

i mean it’s truly bizarre that a band that started out touring with bands like Circle Takes The Square are now making sub-Maroon 5 pop, but it’s also very weird how this song was so big in 2018 as it came out in early 2017

2 Likes

Boy had a month long obsession with George Ezra so listened to more of him than anyone else this year. Otherwise it would be none.

Ez seems like a good kid.

You’d recognise it I reckon. The end of the chorus is something like “picking it up, picking up, something and something and picking it up”

Probably wouldn’t even understand what she’s saying, as she doesn’t enunciate

1 Like

Dude, he has an album called Breakfast At Tamara’s. The title alone automatically makes him an absolute bellend.

2 Likes

Thought it was Mortimer

1 Like

He probably falls into the same category as every other slightly drippy singer-songwriter going back to, what, David Gray? Musically dull but gives good chat on a talk show / Buzzcocks

Thanks for reminding me about David Gray! :wink:

I have purchased two of those songs off of iTunes

Both the Ezra ones, right?

Negative. Total ear worms but not my style.

If you’ve been anywhere near small / primary age children in the last year you’ll know This Is Me.

And the other one, a million dreeeeeaaaammms.

Thanks Jackman.

After watching it the other night I’m a bit obsessed with Never Enough. Like imagining that it’s my karaoke song.

2 Likes