MTftSB What classic songs have you only just realised are BANGERS

Queen- Radio Ga Ga for me. It just clicked. I get it now.

4 Likes

Also, B52s- Loveshack. Discovered them in general recently, Dirty Back Road and Dry County in particular are SLAMDUNKS

1 Like

There are a load of Queen bangers tbf

5 Likes

Aside from Bo Rhap, I am only really into Ga Ga and Cool Cat. Any recommendations? Really dislike most of their big singles.

6 Likes

Oh yeah forgot about this, it’s a winner.

This is pretty much the only queen song I like. Actually despise bo rhap and don’t stop me now

that and radio ga ga are massive bangers though.

2 Likes

Love the middle era stuff

Basically Greatest Hits II is full of classics imo

that bass <3

4 Likes

Pointer Sisters Automatic. Was at a mates 40th the other week and the DJ in the pub played it. It’s like the soundtrack to every 80s movie distilled down into one track. And yet I don’t think it was used in any 80s movie. Just sounds so… familiar.

6 Likes

This was a recent one for me too. Always liked it on the Vice City soundtrack but forgot about it for ten years or so. Put it on recently and it’s superb. Ruth Pointer’s voice is like nothing else. Decided it’s going to be my standard karaoke song from now on.

1 Like

Gone ham for Mariah recently. There’s a shitload to be honest but Anytime You Need A Friend has been criminally slept on by me.

1 Like

this song is incredible. It’s pretty close to perfect, even the ridiculous keyboard/guitar?!? solo

4 Likes

Growing up as a (post) punk meant I was rather dismissive of lots of mid-late 70s pomp rock so I only realised in the past few years just how great this is…

9 Likes

Was gonna say this

1 Like

Probably God Only Knows. Used to like it, now think it is probably the greatest song ever written

Also Golden Brown. The music in that is to die for, so great

9 Likes

Oh and God Saves The Queen by the Pistols

massive choon tbf

4 Likes

Remember once being invited to a club night where I didn’t know anyone (except the person who invited me) when I lived in a city where I didn’t really know anyone, and I turned up at the door on my own and was bricking it a bit and came close to just turning tail and going home, then I realised they were playing this

Nothing momentous happened, I didn’t make any lifelong friends or partners or anything, but I the point is I was afraid, and ELO gave me courage

5 Likes