Mubi 2018 (Rolling)

“consumers need to purchase the ticket at the venue itself, meaning it can’t be booked in advance.”

Booo. That’s far from clear from their blurb.

https://mubi.com/go

1. We pick one great film every week
  2. You pick a cinema and showing time
  3. Take your code and watch the film

Anyone who’s had their price put up. If you go to cancel you get offered another year at the same price.

FYI if you get gft cinecard it comes with mubi for year (think the deal is ending soon though)

it’s graet, went to one of the free screenings of it

I didnt know they did this, is it available to existing customers?

I logged in this morning and couldn’t see a way. Or anything on their FAQs. Guess you’d probably need to go onto the price which I don’t know if it’d be worth it.

If you download the MUBI Go app (seperate to the normal MUBI app) you can access through your usual log in details. Seems to be working for me. It’s ‘A Star is Born’ this week and not overly fussed about seeing it - not many cinema choices near me either.

Mandy is the MubiGo film from tomorrow :+1:

Watched The Rover last night. Post-apocalyptic film set in Australia with Guy Pearce, Scoot McNairy and RPatz. Same director as Animal Kingdom so had high hopes. It was… just OK. The plot was really stupid and Pattinson overacts massively, but they do a good job of creating the post-apocalyptic atmosphere and it’s very well shot. A lot of brutal violence; feel like they’re were going for a Jeremy Saulnier kind of thing but it misses the mark, for me.

Enjoying the Hitchcock retrospective, though have seen a lot of them already.

:heart_decoration: Hitch

Buried’s just been put on which I remember really liking

I saw this last night, agree it was just OK. started off strong but it just gets a bit …dull