Mubi/Mubi Go 2022

I saw one of Paolo Sorrentino’s early films (The Consequences of Love) on Mubi over the Xmas break, it was pretty good, must try to watch his film Il Divo on there as well

I find it hard to use, is having films organised by genre rather than “the best of Cannes 1996” too normy?

Not at all, it’s annoyingly fiddly to search through.

Need to get back on the MUBI actually, good thread idea

Useful for finding out what’s good in the now showing list. Would love one with the full library on

1 Like

The screening I was gonna go to is sold out :frowning:

Songs My Brothers Taught Me
Chloe Zhao’s first feature film. Excellent.
Recommend

4 Likes

Much preferred it to Nomadland

Really enjoyed Tokyo Sonata last night. Kiyoshi Kurosawa presented a similarly low key almost dystopia like Pulse and Cure, but more social realist with a bit of sardonic humour.

1 Like

Posted about watching Dogtooth and Rat Film in the monthly film thread:

Hoping to get around to watching First Cow, Annette, Limbo and Censor at some point too.

Rat Film is on my list to watch

It’s certainly worth watching. Though I will warn you that there was some rather gruesome bits with rats getting killed and if like me, you’re not a fan of snakes then maybe fast forward / skip those bits!

Petite Maman is on now

6 Likes

Some really good stuff put up recently. The Reflecting Skin, Funny Games, Lamb, For Ellen, Jiro Dreams Of Sushi

1 Like

Currently watching Lamb, anyone seen it?

Yep one of my favourite cinema experiences last year. Did you like it?

1 Like

Yes, I liked it a lot. I’ve found it is one of those films that I keep thinking about after watching it. It is very well done, great cast and very atmospheric.

Might do a Cow/Lamb double bill

1 Like

Follow it with pig

2 Likes

Titane is on now

1 Like