Mug rules

Got a travel mug, this sort of thing

Use it for most hot drinks at home (having a tiny comrade toddling around grabbing everything makes open mugs a liability), also travelling to work, and sometimes at work too

Forgetting about your coffee, but then it’s still hot and you can drink it - it’s like getting a bonus cup!

At work: pun mug that @laelfy sent me
At home: Scrabble letter T mug or ‘hello is it tea you’re looking for’ hilarity.

I found a mug at my mums house that looked so cool and then I remembered that I made it using one of those websites

At home coffee goes in an Al’s Toy Barn mug, it has a pleasingly chunky handle and fits the exact amount made in my stovetop thing.

Tea in any old mug.

At work I have a reusable one that says Death Before Decaf which someone got me for Christmas. Thinking of upgrading to this for maximum indie points.

2 Likes

they make resuable mugs now? why did no one tell me about this, so much waste?

I had a Stimpy mug at uni which got “dropped” soon after I returned home, which I suspect was an “accident” that occurred after it was taking up too much room in the cupboard

stimpy

4 Likes

Both of my main mugs are Christmas themed, one with a painting of a snowman on, one Christmas Starbucks mug that’s really tall and good for drinking … Lots
Guest mugs are p uninteresting green coffee mugs

You’re a mug

At home for me it’s this, every time because it’s the only mug that’s the right shape after I smashed the only other one I had that’s the right shape.

At work it’s my 25 year-old Storm in a Teacup mug.

For Mrs F’s monrning tea I will go with this one almost always, because I gave it to her and I find it funny:

but in the winter I often swap it for another mug I gave her which features cartoon penguins in a snow scene.

We have other mugs. They’re for guests.

6 Likes

Have been rocking this mug for seven or eight years. Just for tea, not on coffeebook.

GF has two nice porcelain cups that she uses for coffee and then a selection of mugs for tea.

I also have four square mugs but am not allowed use them as everyone hates cleaning them.

1 Like

I like to exclusively use the Football Manager branded “Raumdeuter” or “Trequartista” mugs at work. There’s also one with Ainsley Harriott on and a Lord of the Rings meme one, which I refuse to ever use.

1 Like

I WFH so the mug rules apply to working time and home time:

Tea for me is in my T2 cat mug.
Tea for my partner is in a nice mug with seagulls on that we got from St Mawes.
I sometimes switch out for one of two duck-egg blue mugs of varying sizes for coffee or hot chocolate.
I also have a lovely red mug that my Aussie clients gave me a few Christmasses back which I bring in when I’m feeling it.
Otherwise, it’s cat mug all the way. Love that guy.

I guess the real mug was me.

1 Like

at work use a nice heat changing star wars one. Looks like pretty stars and then when hot reveals various space craft flown in the the star wars universe. Its the perfect weight/size for a good cuppa.

At home i fluctuate between a death star canteen mug for smaller portions, a King Diamond one and a kath kidson one. I like the king diamond one. Solid mug.

Really hate tall thin mugs, and the big bowl ones with tiny handles you get in coffee shops. Find them hard to drink out of, and carry, and just use generally.

~ fin ~

9 Likes

Especially with that breakfast

1 Like

At work: Tea Rex mug.
At home: Got far too many, but current favourite is the one of a load of trees drawn and coloured in by my godson that’s been printed on a mug. Just love it. Others include the red squirrel mug and the Vinny Jones one, for some reason.
At GFs: Mayor Carcetti mug, or the hedgehog one or I Love Lobsters. Recently got a mega 90s wolf one.
At parents house: Wales mug, or Piggin’ Tea break. I refuse to drink out of the ivy covered mugs, they’re rubbish.

Tea, in order of priority:

1. Thin, large capacity china ‘World’s Greatest Dad’ mug
  2. Exactly the same form factor as above, but with physics formulae
  3. Slightly thicker, standard capacity Peter Savile Tate Modern mug (this image)
  4. UCI World Championship mug
  5. Assorted Lakeland Fells mugs

Coffee for me:

1. Small, fine china Isaac Newton by Quentin Blake mug from the Fitzwilliam Museum
  2. Espresso glass

These are all cylindrical, no tapering for me.

Also don’t like mugs too thick. They demonstrably make the tea weaker, because of their larger thermal mass which reduces the temperature of the water too far below 100C.

2 Likes

Home: le creuset orange or whittards starry please.

Work: don’t care but NOT ONE WITH A BLACK INTERIOR as it makes the tea look grey and urgh, don’t like it.

1 Like

on this topic, tend to fill the preferred coffee vessel with boiling water whilst me aeropress brews, no problemo, stays warm for ages.

I have one with a sad looking Beagle on that says “I’m having a Ruff day” and I use it 100% of the time regardless of the quality of my day

1 Like