Mulholland Drive

fillums

Yeah think I’m a two-way with Mulholland Drive vs. The Elephant Man. Eraserhead could squeak a look in.

I understand the reverence with Blue Velvet but I’ve always found it a touch overrated.

DO this thread for loads of films I liked it.

Lynch’s worst film

• Eraserhead
  • The Elephant Man
  • Dune
  • Blue Velvet
  • Wild at Heart
  • Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
  • Lost Highway
  • The Straight Story
  • Mulholland Drive
  • Inland Empire

0 voters

Used to be super into mullholland drive and David Lynch entirely as a little one. Printed loads of his cartoons and pictures on my mums inkjet and put them all over my wall. Downloaded his adverts and stuff from kazaa. KazAa? KaZaA?

Inland Empire was such a slog

not seen Dune but it has Sting in winged pants so it’s alright by me

Someone’s gonna choose The Straight Story, I just know they are, and that’s gonna break my fucking heart man.

(Can’t choose this either. Toss up between Fire Walk With Me and Wild At Heart I think. Not seen Dune or Lost Highway)

I’ve seen Inland Empire 6 or 7 times and I enjoyed it about 3 of those times

I think Dune would have been alright if they’d just let Lynch make it, but it went through production hell and the final thing is a total fucking mess. Wild At Heart is bad and that’s how Lynch wanted it.

why have you seen it 7 times?!

i do keep meaning to see Dune cause it does sound so entertainingly bad, but it also seems a bit of a slog. maybe a film club pick…

saw it in the cinema in 2006 and have had it on DVD and Bluray, and it’s definitely his most impenetrable so sorta needs it

Dune has brief moments of clarity where you feel like it could have been okay, but taken as a whole it’s a complete shambles.

feel like he got the cod-mysticism stuff right. love the prophecy bit right at the beginning

Lynch was apparently tipped to direct Return of the Jedi at some stage :rofl:

Is that with PAL speedup though, m9?

The ‘Lynch Moments’ are really few and far between so if you find him boring you probably won’t make it through it. Sting is entertainingly shit though.

There’s still time to right that wrong. Give him episode 9.

I like Lynch normally so will give it a shot soon

technically not a lynch film :wink:

Good luck!

I just bought a DVD of a dance performance including my son. Where the fuck am I going to watch that? Not even my laptops have drives. Will need to go round someone’s house.

Buy yourself a PS4

i sampled some of the dialogue in the diner scene for what IMO is the best track i’ve ever made. but i’ve been so precious about the production of it that i haven’t actually released it yet and it’s clocking on for 18 months since i finished composing it.

great film, tho.