Multi-purpose Snooker Thread 2020 (ft. lots of baize)

Bit of an upset to start off this afternoon. Predictions?

In other news, they were saying at the mid session interval that triple crown winners will be entitled to wear a crown badges

• Nice idea
  • Bit naff
  • I have no strong opinions about this

0 voters

Also, there’s no Ronnie this time, as he felt his place should go to someone who “will give it 110%”. Bit odd.

smurphy playing on while needing three snookers on the blue in the first frame

prick

Anyone watching?

1 Like

Ah shit missed this thread. Sorry @blimeycharlie!

Was a mixed bag of a tournament. Final was bloody good though. Don’t know where Bingham had been hiding before the interval. Could hit a thing and then couldn’t miss a thing. Remarkable.

I notice Ali Carter didn’t actually congratulate Stuart Bingham in his interview straight after the match last night. Telling.

2 Likes

^this

Someone should have told that ref that picking up wasps isn’t a clever thing to do.

Anybody following the Welsh Open. Just saw Jimmy White going in before his match. He’ll now be on his way home as he lost to James Wattana unfortunately…

Saw a bit of it yesterday - Trump giving James Cahill a bit of a mauling.

Trump and Robertson have been tearing it up the last few months, both of them in the very best of form.

@moderators can we change the thread to All purpose Snooker Thread 2020 please. If that’s ok ?

2 Likes

Of course.

1 Like

i watched a lot of snooker last week

and i will probably watch a fair bit this week too

bloody love it

1 Like

think I’m going to the welsh open this week. 12 quid for an evening session ticket. A mate in work got advanced tickets and it cost him £4 for a whole day. Unbelievable value !

1 Like

Also spotted, Ken Doherty browsing the shirt sale rail in John Lewis.

Virgo has just said in the space of one frame “wheres the cue ball going” and “where’s the red ball going” the standard of commentary is a bit shite.

That’s the best bit!

2 Likes

woke up late, sad and hungover

TO THIS!

fucking hell :fearful:

Murphy dispatched a dicking for the ages yesterday then. He’s been in tremendous form all season. Wouldn’t bet against another Crucible tilt this year. For years he’s seemed content with making up the numbers but he’s pretty determined at present.