Muse are back

Are roofs in danger when Muse are around like they are with Kasabian?

Looking forward to their hot take on current political events.

never forget

7 Likes

Was hoping for a disaster but that is just dull

2 Likes

I’m not even sure that was written.

FREEEEDOM!!!

3 Likes

Wish they’d just fucking go away

7 Likes

in Pog form?

3 Likes

they still have the oddest fans

but…

i did put origin, and showbiz on a couple of years ago and they were still OK/Good

shit band

weirdly similar

Meh. This is dull. Most of their singles are these days.

They get a bad rep, but this is beautiful:

The bit at 2:10 is lovely.

As the only remaining Muse fan on these boards, I’ll let you all know my thoughts once I’ve given it a listen.

The first tracks released in new album cycles are always a bit weak, though. I’m reserving real judgement until I hear the album.

I would still consider myself a Muse fan, despite the abuse that brings, and half of The 2nd Law being shite.

The 2nd Law is 1/13th bad. It’s all wonderful apart from Liquid State, which does nothing and thus feels like it’s thrice as long as it really is.

Just checked and I like tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. So just over half for me, and 4’s just an intro.

Really don’t like Chris singing. Ugh.

Scratch that, I quite like 13 too.

13’s quite underwhelming after 12. It’s not bad, but it just can’t compete.

I really like how the people who share Unsustainable as an example of how ridiculous they are are invariably the same people who claim they take themselves too seriously. I love it - it’s epic, ridiculous, hilarious, fun, and yet it makes an Important Point. Also, the robot.

The new Muse song is good.

Ban request

7 Likes

Lots of Muse I like, but this is all a bit dull on first listen, as someone has said already somewhere up above.

Wumpy wumpy from Madness (the Muse song) + Queen-style vocal harmonies and guitars we’ve heard before.