Music for summer-y weather

I don’t understand why they’ve become quite so forgotten, they’ve got loads of great tunes. Maybe they don’t have one total stand out album but even so…

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Weezer- Green Album

These two fro me, always go back to these in the summer. Green album when driving in the sun, In between dreams for the beach.

Always felt 'Remember the night parties was their strongest but know what you mean. Definitely deserved more attention at the time. I remember seeing them support we are scientists and just seemed the wrong way round.

Lots of g funk/gangsta rap, older 70s funk, lo fi hip hop, that bran van track, upbeat guitar stuff

Are we all too proud to admit that the riff-fest of early 311 was great summer music?

Early 00s pop punk. Homegrown, Saves the Day, The Ataris, Fenix TX etc

2 Likes

I thought this as I plugged in for a four hour walk today. But then I listened to Autechre live albums and Andy Stott and things that can’t really be classed as “summery” at all. But I’d pretend in my head I’d put on de la soul and Jurassic 5 and stuff.

By The Way by RHCP will always remind me of sunny car journeys in 2002/2003 in a good way

Island In The Sun by Weezer is probably my favourite sunshine tune tho

2 Likes

Ash
Merriweather Post Pavillion
Surfer Rosa
Loaded by VU
Total Life Forever
Good News For People Who Love Bad News

I have the same car-based memory from a very similar period. Having said that, though, if I genuinely think of summer music I get transported to a long time ago laying in the sun at university listening to the spin Doctors and THAT sure ain’t happening again.

Find a bit of thrash metal goes nicely in the car on a hot sunny day. Ride The Lightning is my favourite driving around with the windows down and sunglasses on album.

Another vote for a bit of pop punk too.