🎷 Music League 10 🎷 Playing the long tracks game! 🎷 Round 10 - Insults

My understanding on this round is that the song title should be one that could have been used by Chris Morris in this scene:

8 Likes

Just starting this playlist today, it’s the most I’ve been engaged by an opening bunch of tracks on one of these for a while. Looking down the list there’s a lot I’m looking forward to as well. Good way to round out the league!

3 Likes

wish i’d known this earlier

2 Likes

I went with a track I don’t massively like and that I wasn’t sure fit the brief anyway cos I didn’t hugely get the round or have any ideas, so my current position of bottom with 0 votes is fair.

1 Like

Currently trailing the first song I tried to submit by the amount of points I gave it. Classic.

5 Likes

My two favs in the top 3, good

Me down at a middling position, shite

Didn’t think it was the strongest list this time round

just realised that so many White Zombie songs would have qualified for this round

Electric Head
Psychoholic Slag
Soul Crusher
Spider Baby
Star Face

etc etc

what a band

4 Likes

Trying not to write 500-word analyses or internal discussions of whether the song titles fit the brief for some of these songs.

6 Likes

I think I went too clever with mine and my points total will reflect this.

1 Like

Fetch your longform typing quill and have at it!

3 Likes

We’re really gonna be wishing for that collapsed view of round results in a few days.

Seriously though why don’t they have that? I love reading comments but it takes some time to get through the whole list, and then you can’t easily refer to it after you’ve read everything. Or even before if you don’t have time to read through yet but want a quick peak at the rankings. Seems like a no brainer, I really should provide this feedback.

3 Likes

As the creator of this round, I can confirm that all tracks fit the brief. Now listen to the songs and enjoy them without needing to think too much about it :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Any plans for another round of your hip-hop league?

1 Like

I already submitted my novels. But I’ve still enjoyed the tracks.

Not losing so that’s good

Is there a hiatus after this round for the snobs league (:wink:) or will we have our own league at the same time?

YES! Shitmunchers league! No song with fewer than 1 million plays on Spotify!

2 Likes

Next league will start in mid April. I’m away for a week soon so I’m thinking around the 10th - 15th
As for the Champions league of music league when the playlist drops I’ll post it here and I’ll make a poll so everyone can vote and join in. I’ll make sure that the poll ends at the same time as the champions league.

5 Likes

i’m quite up for another Repetition round as i’ve thought of a great track for it this time

4 Likes

Any chance of new rounds being announced before the Champions round?

3 Likes