🎷 Music League 11 - Have you voted yet? Round 10 - USA 🇺🇸 Places/states

Think we crossed this rubicon with the vibes round, would now happily play a round where the description is just “clasp” or something.

3 Likes

Did a league elsewhere where a round was

Which was really fun both to find a song for and listening to the playlist.

8 Likes

In!

If I win, my round will be a picture.

1 Like

More of a wings man, myself.

backup round:

biscuity bass

just remembered an album i really want to play a track from, so will basically start by scanning every round to see where i can best slip it in

That’s my approach for most rounds - I have a list of some potential songs I’d like to use, and then see if I can shoehorn it into one of the rounds. Was pretty pleased that I could just pretend that Gamma Moth would be a suitable made up insult.

3 Likes

yep, usually certain artists i want to play and then i desperately search through all their songs to find one that fits one of the rounds in some way

that well is running a bit dry now though so it’s getting a bit more spontaneous

Question for people who have selected a round.

Did you create it with a specific song to play in mind? Also, how many points did you end up with for the round?

• 1-5
  • 6-10
  • 11-15
  • 16-20
  • 20+

0 voters

4 points - can’t wait to be able to pick another round and bathe in all of those big big points again.

2 Likes

the one time i picked a round i picked it in a panic based on a band I was listening to at the time having just seen them live

it was also the one time i forgot to vote in time, would have done quite well otherwise

1 Like

I’ve selected a few rounds, I didn’t have anything in mind for the first couple, and I don’t think I broke even on either. I did however have a track in mind for the last one I chose, and my track came 4th, level on 20 points with 3rd.

1 Like

where did this concept of breaking even come from

i never got it. 10 is a pleasing double digit number but otherwise i dont get the idea

Had a specific song in mind, got beaten to picking it, got trounced by it.

1 Like

you’ve got 10 (or 12 now) points to give out, so getting that many back is always the minimum aim

3 Likes

huh, never crossed my mind

In a completely balanced and fair system, everybody would give 10 points out and receive 10 points.
If you manage to get more then you got some of somebody elses points. If you get less, somebody else got some of yours.

Song that sounds like the end of the world - 16 points (Jesu - Terminus)
Song that blasts you through the sky - 14 points (The Smashing Pumpkins - Starla)
Song that takes you on a journey - 8 points (The Smashing Pumpkins - Thru the Eyes of Ruby)
Uptempo Melancholia - 8 points (The Smashing Pumpkins - Wound)

I had the specific songs in mind but I picked them based on wanting to find songs in those categories.

Also picked a preseason round (Songs that come to life on hot summer nights) without a pick in mind, and ultimately fucked it by picking a song not on Spotify UK (Monster Magnet - Not Scene, 6 points).

1 Like

Buttery biscuit bass?

1 Like

Drive Like Jehu-ishly

MORE ROUNDS
MORE ROUNDS
MORE ROUNDS
MORE ROUNDS

1 Like