🎷 Music League 13 - 6pm NovaraLIVE, new playlist 7:30pm best evening 🎷 Round 10 - Family

aye not ones you just made up an hour before deadline though

1 Like

Three hours, let’s go

1 Like

Kinda late to the discussion on this, I think generally with rounds where it’s quite hard to pick something and/or there’s a bit of ambiguity then providing it’s in the spirit of the round giving people’s picks the benefit of the doubt can be helpful. So for the South London round for example, as long as it’s broadly speaking an act from there, I won’t be scouring their birth certificates to triumphantly go “AHA, I think you’ll find the bass player was actually born in Hackney, 0 points for you!”

On a sorta similar vibe, they’re an individuals points to give out as they see fit I guess, but I don’t personally care if we have some picks that are repeated from a league in the depths of lockdown in 2021 or something tbh. Fair enough if it’s from a round in the same league, but I’ll give out points if it’s a good song that fits the brief. We’ve been playing this for literally years now and players come and go, so there’s gonna be repeats, and searching on the spreadsheet every time can be a bit dull (cool resource though it is)

6 Likes

Last minute question for the round creator - the song I really want to pick today has exactly one line referring to the historical event, the rest is just processing associated emotions. Does that count?

Yeah I’m fine with repeats. Some tracks are more suitable the second time around too

1 Like

Worth highlighting in the comments for people who miss the one line, but I’d be fine with this.

3 Likes

I’m so ready for this playlist now!

I’ve just been informed that my pick is “truly awful”

1 Like

I wasn’t aware that you could see my comment before the playlist went live, sorry!

5 Likes

Will the TBC round title/description be updated for clarity? Not just with the 311 bit, but to clarify what TBC means. You know, if someone missed the forum posts.

1 Like

Good call - @Brainfreeze if you get a chance, can you update the round subheader to “Midwest Legends: Songs written by Billy Corgan or any member of 311”?

6 Likes

It means To be Confirmed. I’m waiting for the particular winner of that round to send me their choice.

1 Like

I think I’m chickening out. I’m a COWARD.

Keep it!!!

1 Like

Was all set for the playlist, but belatedly realised there’s an extra 39 minutes to wait!

2 Likes

Time to send round some Hired Goons

2 Likes

5 Likes

I just want to say that I knew that @TAFH33 was joking about it being a Billy Corgan round, but it didn’t mean that I didn’t get a fright when I saw your post and had a little bit of a fear that maybe it was I who had misunderstood things instead. I would have been shouting for a Daredevils In South London round instead!

3 Likes

Totally Billy Corgan

Ive figured it out

1 Like

New round just dropped, totally on time

Awkward Jesse Pinkman GIF by Breaking Bad

1 Like