🎷 Music League 16 🎷 Robbing the collection plate in the sonic cathedral -ROUND 12 The best of 2024 so far….🎷

Top 7 from league 15 plus last place from league 15 are picking rounds plus one of the top 3 from league 14 who I’m waiting to hear from.

2 Likes

New round.

3 Likes

Hard round!

One of those rounds where I’ll probably ruin my chances of a good finish by playing something that’s too awful not to share.

1 Like

I think I might move my placeholder for the first round over to the U Wot M8 round. Now need a new placeholder!

Hmm, round 3 would appear to encompass a good fifty per cent of my collection.

The other half are all instrumentals.

4 Likes

Gah I really want to join this. Why am I so annoyed I can’t play music league when I should be happy I’ll be on vacation?

Bonus points if the transcribed lyrics are littered with question marks or the Genius entry looks like this:

2 Likes

Just the other day I heard a song that made me think “wow, this is the only example of laughing not ruining a song” and I’ll tell you what, I should have written it down.

2 Likes

yeah, I can hear a lot of song-laughs in my head … no idea what tracks they are linked to, lol

2 Likes

The new Music League UI is making me angry and I can’t explain why.

1 Like

Mainly chose that round because I’ve fallen in love with a song with laughter in it and want an excuse to play it
Cartoon Diabolical Laughing GIF

Zero points

You can’t paste the song URL anymore, you have to type in the song to pick it. For some reason this is enraging.

No way! That’s totally enraging and will lead to more people submitting tracks from compilations, singles, live albums, etc. instead of the proper albums. This group is good about using proper releases but other leagues less so.

1 Like

Not joining this league but have a couple of good laugh tracks in mind.

Not tried it on desktop/browser, but you can still paste via the app.

2 Likes

Ugh, just checked it out. It’s certainly been enshitified. :man_facepalming:

One major bonus though is they’ve provided a collapsed view of round results. Hide comments! I love comments but it’s also nice having a collapsed view.

2 Likes

I do like how it draws my attention when I need to do something with the purple box

1 Like

I found the update pretty useful tbh - I was listening to the song I wanted to pick, went to the submission page and it was already there on the new recent listens list to submit at a click.

1 Like

I used the desktop to vote in another league just now, and it saves it along with each vote you make, instead of having to go to the save button snd exit, so that seems good also.

4 Likes