🎷 Music League 16 🎷 Robbing the collection plate in the sonic cathedral -ROUND 5 - emergencies 🌪️🚑💣

Thanks for the prompt but I’m sitting this round out, I only had one thought for it & sadly it’s not on Spotify (it’s probably not most Music Leaguers cup of tea either but that wouldn’t have stopped me)

2 Likes

Time will tell if ive fucked it anyway but I am very reassured to see a few other things from my shortlist on the playlist suggesting I did understand the point of the round.

looks like Spotify picked the wrong week to paywall displaying lyrics

3 Likes

Music league giveth, music league taketh away

(I wasn’t aware the double the would wreck me so badly)

Another :fire: playlist! Yo La Tengo, MBV, Sun City Girls… it’s like an ATP 2006 mixtape.

The lack of any pretty much any lyrics I can pick out (other than Louie Louie! Ohhhhhhh) have made this quite an unnerving playlist imo.

7 Likes

Fuck Buttons into Holy Fuck is primo ML sequencing

8 Likes

too much cursing for my fragile eyes

Shut the fuck up

4 Likes

Very torn on this Langkamer song, it’s absolutely lovely and I’ve been to literally everywhere it mentions (I think I know the secret swimming spot they’re talking about and can confirm that Bridge Valley Road is an absolute bastard hill), but what to do about the fact I understand all the lyrics…

2 Likes

as Ducky said, do wonder if people diff listening set-up/habits will impact this round - one thing sounding clear on headphones but not a Bluetooth speaker etc

Langkamer is an anagram of Kingmaker

3 Likes

Really great playlist, this. Good work everybody.

It deffo will the way speakers/drivers are tuned will effect the vox clairty in some of these songs

1 Like

doing better than expected - nice. Really enjoy the current top 3 too, keep it up voters

Checks current score good, good, I didn’t feel comfortable being second place in the league anyway, this is good.

Very annoyed I couldn’t give a specific song more than 4 points.

Just realized we have a battle between new faces and original faces

Just realised I still haven’t got a single idea for the next round

1 Like

Yeah, I have only found one. I don’t think it will do too well though.