🎷 Music League 3 - With a Vengeance 🎷 Round 3 - Nine Letters 🎷

Delighted that this is still a thing

1 Like

Was contemplating Sunfucker by Swans, but as I said before, didn’t want to drag up the art Vs artist debate.

1 Like

I was also looking for the perfect Swans track, but failed.

Thank you to everyone who liked, voted for, or even just listened to Infant Island. I’m shamelessly in love with them and tell everybody I can to check them out.

2 Likes

Two quick polls for the sake of curiosity.

Question 1
  • Idioteque by Radiohead was new to me and I liked it
  • Idioteque by Radiohead was not new to me and I like it
  • Idioteque by Radiohead was new to me and I disliked it
  • Idioteque by Radiohead was not new to me and I dislike it

0 voters

Question 2
  • Sometimes by mbv was new to me and I liked it
  • Sometimes by mbv was not new to me and I like it
  • Sometimes by mbv was new to me and I disliked it
  • Sometimes by mbv was not new to me and I dislike it

0 voters

Edit: This is for flat out liking / disliking, not voting

Thanks to the 9 people who recognized the perfection of Mayonaise. That song is an actual reason to live and one of the few best things in this trash world.

1 Like

breaking my own rules by talking about radiohead #OnHere but i find ideoteque to be a very cacophonous. yorke unleashing all his most annoying tendencies on that one.

last week i rediscovered my love for roisin murphy and overpowered (the album) is really a masterpiece.

primitive is just an endlessly cool track. sounds so great loud

5 Likes

is the β€œerror” in the title just an American spelling? Always thought it was wrong, but this afternoon I was reading an American book (Trout Fishing In America by Richard Brautigan, for the curious) which used the word with only one β€˜n’

I think it’s just Billy being Billy, I’m pretty sure it’s always spelled with two n’s here (not certain though, mayonnaise the substance absolutely horrifies me).

Just learned right now that he once said in an interview that it’s β€œMy Own Eyes” phonetically, never knew that.

2 Likes

Love that book

1 Like

Huge Brautigan fan, sombrero fallout is probably my favourite.

1 Like

Those who voted for NΓ©rija, i recommend their album, and look up some of the other great young jazz artists coming out of the UK in the last few years. Great scene.

4 Likes

so glad you picked what you did :black_heart:

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, she was only on the playlist because you beat me to Crocodile - great pick!

1 Like

@Brainfreeze if you could allocate my points accordingly that would be much appreciated :wink:(think Les Fleurs is used in loads of stuff, was at the end of the film Us recently)

1 Like