šŸŽ· Music League 3 - With a Vengeance šŸŽ· Round 5 - Names šŸŽ·

Thereā€™s an exceptionally good, blindingly obvious song that I might have to break my ā€œdonā€™t be mean in the commentsā€ rule for because it would be a very cynical thing to pick.

Mary Jane by Megadeth?

1 Like

?

3 Likes

:crown: :crown: :crown:

3 Likes

:crown: :crown: :crown:

1 Like

Is it going to be frowned upon for a song title to have more than a name in it?

i.e song is not called Barry Burton but Barry Burton was a friend of mine, (this example may be made up).

Iā€™d assumed it just had to have a name in there somewhere.

8 Likes

I wouldnā€™t frown upon it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m confused, ā€˜donā€™t be mean in the commentsā€™?

for your own song?

I reckon Iā€™d go so far as to frown upoff it.

4 Likes

thatā€™s totally fine, surely?

1 Like

In the actual comments on the game I try not to be too harsh in case whoeverā€™s song it is isnā€™t a regular poster on here. But if someone picks this blindingly obvious song (nb: I havenā€™t picked it) I might be forced to have a word with them.

Kyrie by Mr Mister?

1 Like

The round heading is:

A Track with a persons name IN the title - not a track where a persons name is the whole title so I think that would be fine (and some of the songs I have shortlisted fall into this category)

2 Likes

Oh weird, I was singing Broken Wings yesterday. I didnā€™t know they had more than one song.

1 Like

I see what they did there

1 Like

You can use that one on the ā€˜Injured animalā€™ week I guess.

What if it is not the name of a person but the name of a small bear?

1 Like

Not sure about everyone else but I assume songs where the personā€™s name is part of another unrelated word donā€™t count. So:

Bart Simpson by Princess Nokia :white_check_mark:

The Bartender and the Thief by the Stereophonics :negative_squared_cross_mark:

(also anyone submitting the Stereophonics deserves the miserable score they get)

11 Likes