🎷 Music League 4 - Airwolf v Blue Thunder 🚁 - Round 11 - Punctuation in song title

Starts on Wednesday. Song titles with punctuation marks

https://musicleague.app/l/889be764b6254088a5fd7874b0af9a98/

Leaderboard….

Playlist of winners!

1 Like

What Are The 14 Punctuation Marks You Need To Know? - UoPeople.

Post punc.

6 Likes

I’m not sure there is anything in the criteria that limits it to punctuation in the English language.

3 Likes

I forget whose round this is, but is any punctuation mark ok? Is there a minimum threshold?

Personally I have no problem voting for something with just a comma or apostrophe, Like, I’d rather discover a great song with a single apostrophe than an ok song with a string of quotes and exclamation points and question marks.

2 Likes

Based on the discussion about parentheses in the other thread, I’m looking forward to the comments for this one!

5 Likes

Since the round is called “Punctuation mark in song title” I would say an apostrophe would be fine.

I will fight anyone TO THE DEATH over this (not really).

1 Like
Accents and the like - acceptable?
  • Ŷéß
  • Ñö

0 voters

they are parts of the letters, not punctuation

2 Likes

The round is actually called: “Punctuation marks in song title”. Note the pluralisation. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Is \ or / okay?

Slash (/) certainly is. Not sure about Backslash.

1 Like

Giving no credence to simple commas and apostrophes. Oddly though I think I’d be fine with a full stop, especially if makes a proper two-section title

1 Like

Yeah, this. Get this printed out.

Are parentheses allowed?

1 Like

I’d vote for a song with a single apostrophe or comma

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’d vote for a song with a single other punctuation mark

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I’d only vote for a song with at least 2 punctuation marks

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

{Yes but only in this format]

Yes, but only when used as punctuation.

Here’s the list of tracks/artists that have featured so far across all 4 leagues. I’ve found an act for this round that hasn’t featured before. That’s a sweet feeling!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1SSQCKb5GF_x3Q4O-AEIMQRLUH6u5y2JakmEQ9wbIfCI/htmlview

1 Like

Ol’ Sufjan is VERY keen user of punctuation in his song titles isn’t he?

1 Like