šŸŽ· Music League 4 šŸŽ· Airwolf v Blue Thunder šŸš Round 6 - Maths related song titles šŸŽ·

Almost coinciding with the return of school. This starts on Saturday. Maths related song titles.

Current leadersā€¦.

Link to music leagueā€¦

https://musicleague.app/l/889be764b6254088a5fd7874b0af9a98/

Playlist featuring top 3 from every round so farā€¦

@Marwood ā€˜s spreadsheet of every song featured in music league thus farā€¦

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1SSQCKb5GF_x3Q4O-AEIMQRLUH6u5y2JakmEQ9wbIfCI/htmlview

3 Likes

Have to say a little confused about exactly what fits this theme. What counts as a maths-related song title? Does it simply have to have a number, or does it needs to have a maths term in the title, such as ā€œequalsā€ or ā€œminusā€?

Graphs, ratio, shapes, numbers, sums, fractions, percentages,etc
There are literally loads of songs that fit the bill once you start looking.

For example this would countā€¦

1 Like

Not sure Iā€™ll play it, but thereā€™s one song Iā€™d be very disappointed not to see making an appearance

1 Like

Does the number have to somewhat be used in a math related way? Or anything with a number in the title goes?

I had a track just called (-) in my longlist, as far as Iā€™m concerned thatā€™s a 100% math title without a number

1 Like

If it comes to the crunch and splitting hairs is needed to get down to ten tunes to give points to Iā€™d probably look unfavourably on a song that contains a number but doesnā€™t seem to be mathematical.

So to use examples from the current round the Feist song 1234 Iā€™d be ok with because it appears to be counting from 1 to 4, but the SFA song Baby Ate My Eightball does contain a number but itā€™s not really mathematical, so all else being equal Iā€™d drop that one.

2 Likes

Would it be OK to just have a mathematical symbol in the title, such as +, %, or =?

3 Likes

Just asking theoretically, would anyone suggesting The Expression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Base-10ā€™s, be facing an immediate life-time ban from the boards?

3 Likes

Played the first song I could think of, then tried to think of something better.

Couldnā€™t think of anything else soā€¦enjoy that.

1 Like

I wanted to submit something with a really niche math term that would spin the pedants into a frenzy but then just chose something basic and couldnā€™t believe it was still available

3 Likes
  • Shapes
  • Plus, minus, multiply, divide
  • Other
  • Percentages
  • Fractions
  • Numbers
  • Ratio
  • Angles

0 voters

Weā€™re allowing straight numbers?

Surely not.

2 Likes

Agonised between two picks. Hope someone went for the one I ultimately didnā€™t as itā€™s a great song, and to see how it fares against the one I did go for.

Canā€™t believe all this handwringing when Ed Sheeran has like four albums with mathematical titles. Thereā€™s enough to go round, guys!

4 Likes

Iā€™d rather people went for a track that says something maths related like 500 miles rather than a track called 500.

2 Likes

Really sorry to Brainfreeze for how many times Iā€™ve changed my submission. My brain keeps dredging up maths terms it hasnā€™t thought of since my A-Levels

1 Like

I too hope there is a Proclaimers track in every round now that weā€™ve broken the duck.

2 Likes