šŸŽ· Music League 4 - Airwolf v Blue Thunder šŸš Round 9 - A town or City šŸŽ·

Town or city in title of Track. Opens on Sunday.

https://musicleague.app/l/889be764b6254088a5fd7874b0af9a98/

Top of leaderboard currentlyā€¦

Playlist feat top 3 from every roundā€¦

1 Like

Got a good one for this

Got one I feel duty bound to, and another Iā€™ve wanted to play for ages but really wish the killer live version was available instead

DiS Music League song submission doc is here if anyone wants to check to see if a song has been used before.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this one. My pick is quite locked in, was close to playing it in an earlier league but had a feeling this would be a theme so held it back. Donā€™t think itā€™s going to be troubling the podium but I think a few will love it.

Iā€™m hoping for strong representation of towns in this round. Iā€™d love to hear songs about places like Gainsborough, Linlithgow or Haverfordwest.

2 Likes
  • UK Town or City
  • Rest of World Town or City
  • Could be either

0 voters

A few hypotheticals:

Would a song called Los Angeles River count?

• Yes, the city name is in the title (and the river is in the city, so itā€™s related)
  • No

0 voters

Letā€™s say thereā€™s a band from the UK and they have a song called Music in Scotland. Turns out there are a bunch of towns in the US named Scotland.

• Yes, itā€™s the name of a town
  • No, the intention matters to some degree, donā€™t pull any tricks

0 voters

Letā€™s say a word is both a name of a city and just a common word. The song title is the word, and itā€™s not clear what the song is about.

• Yes, the name of a city is in the title
  • No, I need to be convinced the title is referring to the city

0 voters

Fictitious city?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

just googled to see if thereā€™s a town somewhere called mayonaise

8 Likes

What if the name of the song is just Town or city or is called this city or this town?

• Acceptable
  • Not acceptable

0 voters

Would a village be acceptable?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Not sure it would even be eligible, but I keep getting this song in my head when I think about this round:

I have got 2 songs I really want to go for in this round. I realize that whatever I pick the other one would have/will score higher but I still canā€™t decided between the two.

1 Like

Snap!

1 Like

Already changed my submission- gone for a definitely a city rather than technically a suburb/area of a bigger city.

No because the city doesnā€™t exist

I have played such a banger for this round. I know itā€™ll only get six points, but I donā€™t care because Iā€™d not thought of it for a few years until scrolling through my library last night, and Iā€™ve completely fallen back in love with it and had a great time playing it about a dozen times since. Now thatā€™s the real quiz!

1 Like

The playlist will feature more towns/cities from

• The UK
  • USA

0 voters

Pretty sure most the members on this site are white adults rapidly approaching rapidly approaching their 40s and as such i expect at least 30 songs from 90s indie rock bands talking about American cities

3 Likes

I had a self imposed no New York or London songs rule as thereā€™s so many of them.

4 Likes