Music League 4 šŸŽ· Airwolf v Blue Thunder šŸš Starts August 18th! Round 1 - The Human Body

I chose this round, personally Iā€™d like the body part in the title but if there was a song that had tons of references to body parts then thatā€™s probably fair enough. A good example would be the current pre-season round on Food. Witness The Fitness was chosen. Iā€™ve heard that song tons of times but never picked up on how much food there was in it before.

Iā€™d also say ā€œBack In Blackā€ wouldnā€™t be allowed but a song called ā€œMy Back Hurtsā€ would be.

I think most people tend to let things slide a bit too. I remember voting for a song with 8 letters in a round where the only rule was the song had to be 9 letters long

2 Likes

Thatā€™s helpful, thanks!

1 Like

Theyve had the summer to get into match fitness, no excuse! Maximum pedantry!

4 Likes

surprised at these results

1 Like

So for the human body round I picked an awesome track then I had a sudden brainwave and thought Iā€™d change it to something on a totally different level that could potentially win and someone has already picked it! Hats off to you! Back to the awesome track again. 5-6 points probably! :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

2 more sleeps!

5 Likes

As if we could sleep with this excitement.

6 Likes

equally excited about making people listen to my songs and dreading having to listen to 50 other peopleā€™s songs

8 Likes

Iā€™ll be giving bonus points to obscure body parts/ones that rarely feature in songs and looking very dimly on eyes/hearts submissions.

3 Likes

I want to take a hard line on hearts, if only to justify the time Iā€™ve spent looking for my non-heart submission. But I know deep down that if I hear a heart banger, Iā€™m giving it points

2 Likes

Is Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes on Spotify?!

1 Like

was convinced I was going to win the most obscure body part in a song title metacompetition but it turns out ā€˜Liver & Kidneysā€™ by Poisoned Electrick Head isnā€™t on Spotify. And thereā€™s only an old live version on YouTube. I bloody love them though, top quality space rock

1 Like

Iā€™ll be pretty impressed if anyone trumps me in the obscure body parts stakes, and itā€™s a tune too.

Look forward to all this talk of obscure body parts being rewarded with points seeing me home to under 5.

1 Like

Given that everyone had months to think of these Iā€™m going in two-footed on anyone who picks My Iron Lung or something.

1 Like

In theory months to think about it, the standard last-minute panic in reality for me!

forgot what i picked and am going to leave it that way, will be as surprised as anyone once the playlist drops

3 Likes

It was ā€˜My Iron Lungā€™ by the popular British beat combo ā€˜Radio Headā€™.

3 Likes

Simon Gallup has messed up my first choice for the five members round.

2 Likes

oh damn, I didnā€™t realise the 18th was the deadline!

submitted. very happy indeed with my tune.

Playlist is live at 12pm today. Last chance to submit. Link at top of this thread.

2 Likes