šŸŽ· Music League 4 - Airwolf v Blue Thunder šŸŽ·

go impulsive, panic, change at the last second, do much worse than you expected

itā€™s the only way

1 Like

For the sake of balance, I am really, really looking forwards to the Mosh Pit round.

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m not quite sure which song I would/could pick for it. Similar to you, Iā€™m not that keen on the idea of a long heavy playlist so I might just skip that round.

Iā€™ve got a shortlist for all of the other rounds, although Iā€™m not too sure what I will pick for the protest one at the momentā€¦

Iā€™m still in for it, and happy to be wrong. Have thought of a potential pick.

Good chance Iā€™ll be breakingmy usual music league yeomanning on day four habit though.

Iā€™ve got a couple of ideas for this, but depends how we define protest song - whether highlighting a particular social or political issue is enough, or some kind of narrower definition?

Protest songs was my suggestion, and this is exactly what I was thinking of. If youā€™ve got a bulletpointed manifesto for revolution set to a banging tune then by all means pick it, but Sam Cooke singing A Change Is Gonna Come isnā€™t going to set off my pedant alarm.

2 Likes

Just sad that this isnā€™t on Spotify

1 Like

Finding a new Iceage track you really like, posting it and having everyone going ā€œhaha this sounds like Kasabian, wtf happened to these guysā€.

I stand by the choice.

1 Like

How long between rounds for the new league?

• 2 days
  • 3 days
  • 4 days
  • 5 days
  • 6 days
  • 7 days

0 voters

Hereā€™s the league link to join!

https://musicleague.app/l/889be764b6254088a5fd7874b0af9a98/

4 Likes

Many thanks to @paulo for steering the Pre-season music league ship! :fist_right:t3::boom::fist_left:t3:

7 Likes

No worries, itā€™s been fun! Well, the downvotes havenā€™t, but still :grin:

1 Like

itā€™s still currently set to 4 day turn around

Only 36 playing so far, plenty of time for others to join if theyā€™re interested

I think between round 1 and 2 is but should be okay after that. If I change it now it will take ages to go through each round. :confused:

Less than a week until this starts :smiley:

7 Likes

Ffs, spooned it

Last minute clarification request as I canā€™t keep up with whatā€™s been posted where since we last played. Is this round open to interpretation as in could either be songs with a word or meaning related to the body in the title but may not have body-specific lyrical content, or songs that have a non-body title but feature body elements prominently?

The way I see it the title needs to relate to a part of the human body and not be a word like ā€˜backā€™ that can be used in other circumstances like ā€œdonā€™t look back in anger.ā€

Thatā€™s the only real stipulation I have but Iā€™ll still bend that rule if thereā€™s a song good enough. Iā€™m happy enough if thereā€™s a song which doesnā€™t have a body part in the title but itā€™s lyrics are just ā€œribs ribs ribsā€ā€™or whatever

Spending ages and a lot of listens trying to decide which of my four song options is most likely to get 4 votes in total instead of 3 votesā€¦

4 Likes